Chap 8

"Why you're like still talking to Tasha?" I finally have the courage to ask him bout what Erica told me. "I met her at the airport and ask for my number. I thought that shes going to give my new number to you. I've been waiting for you to text me but nothing... I just find out your relationship with your sister aren't good... I told her that I'm coming back here but when I saw, that reaction of yours, I knew that she didn't told you. I can see the horror in your eyes."

"It's fine, though. But, you know what, I'm waiting to hear something from you but same. Nothing. I started to overthink and thought you hate me after that thing happened between us... Erica told me about you in the morning and  I swear that I just want to go home. But, a part of me happy, knowing that I get to see you again. At least I know that you're, still alive because I thought you're dead... "I said. He gets up from the kitchen counter and approach me.

He put his hands on the top of my shoulders and lift my chin up using his index finger. Our eyes locked. I can't believe I get to stare in his beautiful big Hazel eyes. Again. I missed his eyes. I missed him. I missed us. If only he knows...

"I should've been there for you. I should've not ignore you. But, instead, I'm just living my own life and doesn't care about you. I should at least try to reach out for you. It's just, I feel sad when you thought that I'm sorta dead and it sounds like you're suffering, Tania. "

I can't help but find myself crying again over him. I know he has been that 'fuqboi' but I know he acted this way because he hates to let his guard down. He hates opening up with those who are around him. He did it once and I appreciate the honesty but then he started being distant. For him, his problem is his problem.

He doesn't want to share it with anyone to know about it. Sharing the emotions aren't something James would do.

I can see the fear of getting hurt as he's afraid people might use that as something against him. For him, what happened in his life is more like a weapon to him not some sorta weakness. If he gives that weapon to someone, he most likely to get kill by himself. By his own action. His own words.

"It's too late. But, thank you for telling me. Can we just stop talking about this and get some food? I'm literally starving again..."

"Let's get out and it's all on me."

I get back to my room and take the clothes with me. I walk into the bathroom. It's way more fancy with the white marble tiles and it's pretty cold standing on the floor with bare foot. Geez, I never thought miss lived in this kinda mansion.

I look around the bathroom. Nothing is special. Just some bottles of shampoos, lotions and aloe vera masker. I saw a glass duck with a name on it 'Lee'. It looks like a high class decoration but why is it a duck?

"Lee." I said again.

It's written in Chinese and it's my last name? What's up with this duck? Miss knows my family especially dad. They were fuck buddy but does she knows about her daughter's existence? She's got pregnant and I'm sure she's got birth to a girl... At least that's what I heard from my dad about her.

I ignore all the possibilities about my dad probably separate her from her daughter or miss just trying to make me hate dad? As I'm done taking shower, I take a towel and wrap myself in it. I put on my favorite black top and ripped jeans. "Hey. James?"

"You're done? Let's go." I nod. He gets into the car and started the engine. I place my bag besides me before sitting on the passenger seat.

"Why takes you so long?" He asked.

"I'm amazed. Impressed. With this house." I said. "Why? It's just a house. It's not a royal castle or what." He said, shaking his head as he lets out a little laugh.