This is Life

So this is my first book... well its really just an idea. I just thought I'd write it down and then get some feedback on whether I should continue it... sorry its not very good... really bad actually... :/ and I wouldn't go as far as saying I've edited it... no hate please ! so um yeah, it would be great if you could take some time to read it and give me some feedback and ideas..? Thanks :) xxx

Well how do I begin..?

Lucy, that's me. I'm a sixteen year old nobody, my parents divorced a month ago so my dad moved to the country with his new girlfriend to start their life together, forgetting that I exist, my best friend Olivia moved to Australia and my guy best friend Luke is in love with a fake snob, while my older brother who is the only one I can talk to, is moving out to 'get away' from this disaster, leaving me stuck here with my mother, who has spent the last month in bed... So life is just fantastic!

I sat in my room listening to 'that's what you get' from Paramore blast through my speakers. This is how I have been spending my Fridays for the past two months, jamming out in my room while scrolling through Facebook’s newsfeed, stalking celebrity's on twitter, and shoving my face with food. Not the best way to spend my Fridays, I know but what else can I do?

I jump when I feel my phone buzz in my pocket, and roll my eyes when I see who it's from. Luke, my so called 'best friend'. He’s been ditching me for months now, since he starting going out with Abbey Dawson, the most popular girl in our year. I knew it was going to happen sooner or later, he was your topical popular guy, sporty, funny, nice and really hot (in every girl in my years opinion). I was surprised he even hung out with me before Abbey. We use to hangout all the time! On the weekend, we use to study together, we even use to spend summer together with our family's at the beach, we were best friends. I guess that's a different story now... But now we never hangout, the only time he talks to me is at school, but I'm lucky to get a 'hi' in the hallway.

I looked at the screen and was shocked when I scanned over the message.

'Hey, wondering if you wanted to hang tonight? :)xx'

He's kidding right. Its 10.00pm on a Friday! Shouldn't he be sucking faces with Abbey? They always go out for 'dinner' on Fridays. He hasn't even talked to me in months! He doesn't even know my parents have split up! He didn't even realize Olivia left, He didn't even realize one of his best friends had moved country! And now he wants to 'hang'? What an ass.

LUKE'S POV:

I took a deep breathe.

"I can't do this anymore Abbey... It's to much. I need to focus on school, and sport. I hardly ever see my friends anymore, and I know you don't love me..."

My eyes were focused on the ground, but I could still feel her crystal bye eyes staring through my skull.

"Your kidding right!" she yelled.

Crap she's mad, I was trying to avoid this yelling, but it's Abbey, what else should I have expected?

"After all we've been through your just going to dump me? No. Luke this can't be happening. Tell me this isn't happening!"

"Abbey calm down. I can't do this anymore." I say in a surprisingly calm voice. And with that I turn away. Turned my back to her on her door step.

"LUKE! COME BACK HERE! YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T LIVE WITH OUT ME! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!"

I hoped in my car and drove away.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sat in my car, which was parked across the road from her house. What am I doing here? She's probably busy, hanging out with Olivia. And it's not like I've talked to her recently... I decide to text her.

'He wondering if you wanted to hang tonight? :)xx'

I hop out of my car and cross the road and started to walk up her driveway. Her dad must be on a business trip cause his cars not here. As I get closer to her house I can hear 'that's what you get' by Paramore getting louder. I come back from my thoughts when I nearly walk into the door.

"Ouch" I mutter under my breathe.

What am I doing here, she's probably busy...

'DING DONG'

The noise rings through my ears, that's when I notice that I had just pressed the door bell.

LUCY'S POV:

I hear the door bell.

"What the... Who's here at this time at night?"

I know mum want get it, and Williams at a party so I walk out of my room and walk down my stairs.

Our house isn't that rich but it's nice, due to both my parents being lawyers. We have soft cream carpets. It's two story's. The top story consisted of my bedroom, an ensuite and a lounge/study room. Then downstairs has just the lounge, kitchen, dining room, mums room, my brother Williams room, two spare rooms and one bathroom, since all the other rooms have their own ensuites.

I opened the door to see Luke. Not who I was suspecting. His deep blue eyes we're looking lost with I tint of sadness... Making me feel the need to give him a hug. No Lucy your mad at him!

"Lucy, I ..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it's short -.- sorry. Thanks for reading though ! please tell me what you think !! sad how no ones going to read this... :) xx