Guardians of Atlantis

Due to an age-old pact between the Maori tribes and the mystical creatures of the ocean, mer people and their kin have visited the beaches and towns of New Zealand in the search of their soulmate. Years of secrecy and tradition made sure that the true nature of the Atlantean's remained a well guarded secret of the Maori.

The tribes settled into their tradition and the rules were clear. Never speak about any Atlantean, always distrust Outsiders and never, ever break the pact. That is, until one woman broke those very rules and fell in love with an Outsider, unwillingly breaking tradition and the honor of her ancestors in the name of love.

Years passed, the incident used as a reminder to the next generation to stay true to tradition and never trust Outsiders. But after twenty years, two strangers arrive on the islands whom will cause a break in tradition and destroy the pact when one of the merman has his eyes on a man who's half Maori, half Outsider.

A half cast.

How will the tribe react when they realise these two Outsiders are sons of the unnamed woman they banished years ago, two young men who stay to themselves and hardly ever speak a word to the tribesmen. Will they stick to tradition and ancient pacts or will the young men be able to change the elders' minds?