Beginnings

It's a dark night in the village of Konohagakure, a night tainted with the screams and cries of a child which go seemingly unheard.

Naruto Uzumaki, the one who is producing said screams and cries, is being tortured. You might believe that after going through hundreds of torturing that the young boy would be used to it. That maybe the gods have decided to take pity on the young boy, unfortunately you would be mistaken.

"Shut up, you didn't want to listen to me screaming for you take to take mercy on my daughter did you," an old villager spat.

Shoving a dirty rag -that just so happened to be in exact same alley as them- into Naruto's mouth he takes and kitchen knife and stabs the jinchuriki in the arm, pinning him to the ground.

"Come on you guys, with enough luck he'll be dead by sunrise."

The mob of villagers walk away, leaving the poor boy alone in the dark alleyway.

"Boy, do you wish to be free," A voice rung out.

"Free? I don't think that's possible for me."

"Answer the question," The voice, irritated rung out once again.

"Well, that does sound quite nice." Naruto thought, before slipping into the darkness.

Fortunately this wouldn't be his last slumber.

Or maybe 'Unfortunately' would be a better word.

~

'Drip'

'Drip'

Naruto wakes with a start, glancing around the boy is met with a sewer-like place.

"How original," Naruto snorts. "I wonder what prize they'll receive for dumping the 'demon' into a sewer." Standing up he begins to wade down the long tunnel-way.

It isn't long before he is greeted with what seems to be an over-sized cage. Examining said cage Naruto is only slightly shocked to see how badly designed it was; although it was beautiful, with purple outlining and brass bars, how could it not?

"What kind of animal where the expecting to keep in here," Naruto mumbles.

"I'm offended." A deep voice rings out.

Naruto jumps back, frightened. "Who are you?" He calls out, surprisingly strongly.

"Me? That would take far too long to explain, I'll tell you that tale another time. For now I'll tell you the basics,"  The voice said.

Naruto attempted to pinpoint where the voice was coming from, but since the room was so large the sound seemed to be coming from every which way. "Can you at least tell me where you are," he sighed.

"I'm the animal."

Naruto looked just in time to see to see a large figure appear in the cage; said figure was burnt orange, and had the same the features as a fox- excluding the nine tails swishing hypnotically behind said fox.

"You could call me the Kyuubi or the Kurama; either or. What you need to know is that I am the Nine Tailed Fox and that you are the jinchuriki, but alas you already know that don't you Naruto?"

Naruto stares at Kurama before speaking. "Of course I knew, it's not that hard to put two and two together."

"Those villagers are stupid. They don't understand, that you are smarter than you look."

Naruto chuckles. "I would be offended, but your only speaking the truth."

~

It wasn't long before Kurama and Naruto become heavily acquainted. With Naruto laying down on the large foxes head and Kurama lying down peacefully, it would seem as though they've known each other for far longer than a few hours.

"Naruto."

"Yes, Kurama?"

The fox shifts slightly, "I asked earlier if you wanted to be free, so i'm taking us to a new world.

Silence.

"Pfft-"

Naruto began, laughing, hard. The kind of laugh that has your stomach hurting, the kind of laugh that mostly silent and leaves you gasping for air.

"Hey! I'm serious!" Kurama growled.

"Of course you are buddy, of course you are," Naruto teasingly patted the foxes head. Said fox grumbled before resting his head back down on his paws, a plan brewing in his head.

With the soft sound of dripping water, and the warmth emitting off of Kurama, it wasn't hard for Naruto to fall asleep, and asleep he went.

~

It was the bright rays of the sun that woke Naruto up.

Said boy sat up from where he was sitting, raising and hand the boy blocked the harsh rays from his eyes, only to be met with a shock.

Instead of the many needles and tubes that he would have normally been meant with after being beaten in an alley, he was meant with his perfectly healed arm, no gashes, no scraps, nothing of the sort.

Alarmed, Naruto began to actually pay attention to his surroundings. Normally after a night of beating the Anbu on stand by would bring him to the hospital where he would be treated and then properly thrown out.

Instead, he was in a forest, sitting on a patch of squishy grass. Birds chirped around him bringing life to every organism around him.

"Kurama.."

"Where the hell are we?"

The fox gave a quick cackle, "I told you I was going to set you free."

"That didn't answer my question," Naruto grumbled. "Besides you never said that in the first place."

"Shut up!"

——————

yo yo, it's ya girl, uh, skinny penis

what's up my dudes, normally i'd have at least 1k words but since i don't have the time y'all will have to stick with 800 something. anyways, tell me what you think in the comments ! a new chapter will be up either on saturday or sunday it depends. i hope y'all have a good night/day !