02. 𝙜𝙧𝙖𝙫𝙚𝙮𝙖𝙧𝙙'𝙨 𝙧𝙚𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙚

as luke took the bundles of violets and red in his clenched fist with him to visit the resting place of his heart, he didn't notice the pair of golden eyes burning into the back his skull, but he could feel them, and he was uneasy

as luke took the bundles of violets and red in his clenched fist with him to visit the resting place of his heart, he didn't notice the pair of golden eyes burning into the back his skull, but he could feel them, and he was uneasy. it wasn't like he was afraid of anything, he would just rather be left alone somedays. today wasnt an exception, luke wasnt in the mood to go through a confrontation.

the dim lit irwin's home was indeed not as vacant as luke hoped for. ashton irwin was standing in front of the ruby curtains framing the balcony of his second floor bedroom since the fiasco started. he didn't care much about hiding, it's not like he was the one trespassing.

ashton was the only one home at the irwin's. his younger siblings were off at school for atleast a few more hours, and his parents were busy at work. this was fortunate for the smaller blonde though, because there was no doubt in ashton's mind that if his mother caught the boy snipping off her prized flowers, the flowers wouldn't be the only thing that's dead.

as much as his gut told him to call the cops, the hazel eyes boy stood his ground, staring at the blonde taking away his mother's beloved blossoms, stopping for a while and looking down with a frown on his face. his actions caught ashton's attention, and even though he failed to notice alot of things from up here, he could see how hollow and empty his eyes were.

ashton knew how that felt.

maybe it was the way his heart slightly clenched when he noticed how the boy's hands shaking, and how he struggled to even hold the knife still, that made him not want to hand him over to the authorities.

who was he to care so much about someone he doesn't know. it wasn't like he liked those stupid and unprepossessing flowers anyways, his mom seemed to care more about them then her own children and it was starting to strike a nerve.

ashton let out an airy laugh. he was definitely not about to start being envious of some god forsaken weeds.

nevertheless, watching the boy was far more interesting than watching his mother care for them, so watch was what he continued to do.

ashton's hazel eyes trailed to the thin frame, watching him leave. he seems sickly and uncared for, with the jumper contrasted greatly against his distinctly pale skin, hanging off his shoulders and his knuckles laced with blue and pink. as luke made his way to the gate, he turned to face the house and even though his eyes were dimmed and sunken, the boy didn't fail to cause his breath to hitch at his throat. ashton struggled to find a distant memory where he he definitely seen the beauty before, and tested out a dozen names, but none of them seemed to fit his pretty little face.

ashton's hands clenched around the metal bars, then tightening them around his ruffled beach blonde curls. ashton was determined to find out who he was. he was intrigued, and questions threaded his mind together, spewing onto one another so quickly he could only catch on to small phrases.

what's his deal with the flowers, anyways?