Chapter Three

Alexis Moretti

5 years later

"Again, mia cara, I'm not pressuring you to go there. You can always stay here if you want to." my father said as he walks me out of the mansion.

When we got to the front door, I saw Hendrick, our butler, finished putting all of my suitcases in the trunk of the car and the door opened for me to step in.

"And again, papa, I'm fine with going back there. Its been a while since I was in Atlanta, I miss it." I assured him.

"Okay fine. I'll tell Robert then to fetch you up at the airport." He said as he embraced me tightly.

"I'll call you when I arrive." I said as I moved away and gave him a smile.

I went in the backseat and Hendrick closed the door for me. I lowered the window to waved goodbye to my father as the car started to move forward.

After 5 years, I am finally going back to my home. Funny how I left there as Alexis Ford and coming back as Alexis Moretti. It may seem that I married some guy but I only change it to be part of my father's family.

When I arrived here in Italy, I learned that papa was married to a lady named Isabela. She was suprised to find out about me but she loved me anyway like her own daughter. Unfortunately, last year she died of car accident. Papa and I were really devasted but time managed to heal us.

Of my 5 years here, I finished my high school early which therefore I completed my college early too with a degree in Business Administration major in Marketing and Financial Management.

Right now, I'm going back to Atlanta. At first, I didnt have plans on coming back after graduation but as papa's company started to grow big time, I was tasked to expand his Moretti Inc., an Italian luxury sports car manufacturer. He wanted me to become the CEO of the new headquarters in America. Although I dont see myself as ready yet, my father says otherwise and kept on saying that I am fit for the job even tho I'm only a fresh graduate.

Soon, I finally arrived at the airport. The car door was opened and I went out and proceeded to follow the man who escorts me to my private jet.

"Your passport and everything has been prepared, Ms. Moretti. The jet will leave when you are ready." The man said as we walk together.

"Then I shall depart now." I said to him. He escorts me then to my jet and I flew all the way to America.

After a ten hour flight, the jet finally landed on the ground. I prepared myself before stepping out of the plane. When I got down, another man was waiting for me which I think is Robert.

"Good day Ms. Moretti. How was your flight?" He greeted.

"God, it was exhausting but it was fine." He laughs at my honesty.

We talked for a bit as he escorts me inside of the airport for my immigration or inspection shit even tho my father is practically known everywhere for his wealth and power. After that, we started our way heading out of the airport but just as I was about to leave, I saw a familiar face standing in the middle of the arrival hall.

It couldnt be him right?

"James is that you?" I called him out as he was standing few meters away with his back facing me.

He turned to look at me but much to my dissapointment, it wasnt him. But then on the bright side, it was his brother, Dustin.

"Oh my god, Dustin! Its you!" I said and rushed to him.

"What the fuck?!" He said out in surpise and quickly embraces me.

I hugged him back while laughing at his reaction.

"Damn, its indeed you, Al. Its good to see you again." He releases me and a wide grin was all over his face.

"I know and I missed you, I missed you all."

"Its been what? 4 years?"

"Its 5 actually." I flashed a sad smile. Im a bit guilty now that Its been too long I havent seen them. After I left, I did send a letter but got no reply. I could not contact them through social media as I never asked theirs before I left. Yes, I emailed them but I guess they never used it or made another one without informing me.

"Did you just arrive right now from Italy?"

"Yeah, I just did." I replied to him.

Dustin was about to say something when Robert made his presence between us.

"Ms. Moretti, I'm sorry to interrupt but we must get going. You're having a dinner, remember?"

"Im so sorry, Dustin. I've got somewhere to attend." I looked at him apologetically.

"Its okay, I understand." He smiled sadly.

I look into his eyes for a second before I gave him a nod. I started to turn away but before I could go, he holds my wrist.

"Before you go, give me your number." He took his phone out from his pocket and handed it over to me. I took it and saved my number in it.

"I'll be waiting for your call then?" I handed his phone back.

"Yeah. And please this time dont call me James." He looks at me amusingly.

"Im sorry I thought you were your brother for a second."

"Wait 'till you see him 'cause we're really different."

"If you say so. I'm going now. See you again?" I smiled.

"Yeah, see you." He smiled back at me and I took my cue to leave.

Robert took me to my car and drove to my penthouse for me to freshen up before I leave for a dinner that more of like a business meeting.