Chapter 1

Eric tossed sketches upon sketches onto his office table. In the background is the live coverage of a fashion show... His family's fashion show. Musing over the drawings, Eric frowned deeply before pacing the spot. His table was a mess with sketches, magazines and the works. He paced some more before checking the watch on his hand, it was time. A deep sigh escaped his lips, he had to get outside. Eric paused in front of the door before generating the courage to go out into the chaos of a fashion show.

Pulling the door open let in a barrage of sounds. Women hassling to get their clothing on, the assistants helping whomever they could, jewelry pieces falling to the tile and racks being abused by hangers with elaborate clothing. Eric contemplated turning back into his office, hiding out until the show ended and the patrons left. Unfortunately, he would never hear the end of it and Eric needed his sanity.

"Juane, will you..." Wyatt flustered. "Will you turn it around I need to see it you know"

Wyatt Summer was the founder and owner of his own fashion line. He cultivated a business for him and his family in a market where male designers were frowned upon. He was excited because he believed that this line was his best yet. Wyatt was trying hard to fix the model before him while watching his designs go down the runway. It was a difficult task and more often than not he missed the show.

His infectious excitement was a drastic contrast to Eric's morbid mood. Eric looked like he was drowning in putrid water, still glued to the area behind the door he entered through. Wyatt did not notice his son in the chaos of the back stage, instead he was excited as each model was sent to him to adjust before stepping into the runway. His reliable assistant Nora by his side. She was his life jacket when the pressure seem to want to drown him. She was always by his side and he loved and respected her for it.

"I think they like it," Cole shouted over the noise in the dressing area with a smile at his brother.

"It's the press Cole," Eric responded dryly. "They'll betray you." Eric smoothly walked forward knowing his brother will follow him. "The bottom line is the public, the people.... Will they buy it." Eric leaned unto a rack marked Riley, fist clenched over his mouth, his face the epitome of distress. "And we won't know until August."

"Dad's the best there is Eric," Cole's blue eyes gleamed with admiration. "Don't ever forget that."

Eric's dark eyes shot away from his brother's blonde curls straight to the floor. "Something's missing."

"What?"

"Something's missing. The line is-is" Eric tried to grasp for words to describe what he felt. "It's flat. It doesn't turn me on. It needs sex appeal! It needs more sex, more sensuality!"

"You're vice president big brother," Cole frowned slightly. "If you have problems with our fall-winter collection now is a helluva time to bring it up."

Eric worked his jaw annoyed. "Has dad ever listened?"

"Has he ever been wrong?"

"Yeah he's been wrong." Eric gritted his teeth. "He will be wrong again."

"And you're just waiting aren't you?" Cole narrowed his eyes at the taller stature of his brother.

Eric's eyes drifted over to his father. "What if they ever made it together?"

"Who?" Cole asked briefly confused by the change in direction.

"Dad and Nora." Eric commented dryly.

Cole followed the direction of his brother's eyes, twisting his neck, he observing his father and Nora. Wyatt slipped his hand into the collar of Nora's dress, playfully rustling it's tidy folds. Nora in turn smacked away his hand before tipping her head forward in laughter. Cole turned his attention back to his brother, eyes betraying the slight tinge of fear coursing through his body. He wanted his brother to deny the insinuation yet instead he just walked away to a model, kissing her cheek and ignoring Cole's stares.