3

The car ride was uneventful, Ashton kept his eyes on the road the whole time and I half listened to the girls talking but I only thought about how Ashton held my hand. A simple little gesture, yet my heart is still racing and I can't stop staring at his hands now. 

We got to Dairy Queen and ordered the girls their kiddie ice creams.

"What would you like?" Ashton finally said to me.

"Um, I'm fine actually."

"Let's split a sundae." He said cracking a smile and squinting his eyes. 

We all sat down at a booth at the back, and it only took the girls 5 minutes to finish their ice cream so they had a run around. I felt too…weird, to eat anything so I just stared at the sundae in front of me.

"Izzy, you okay?" Ashton asked waving a hand in front of my face.

"Yeah," I said snapping back into reality, "I was just thinking."

"What about?" He asked, while digging his spoon in the ice cream and eating a mouthful. 

"Uh…nothing." I said while grabbing my spoon and having a mouthful as well, so Ashton wouldn't get suspicious. Jesus Christ, that's nice ice cream. I saw Ashton giggling at me and heat started rising to my face, "What?" I asked curiously.

"Nothing, it's just you got a bit of…" He leaned over the table a bit and stretched his arm across to wipe a bit of ice cream of my mouth corner. I stared down at his thumb so close to my mouth and then looked at him, where our eyes met. The whole world was in a stand still for what felt for about 2 hours and I saw Ashton's eyes flicker down to my lips. 

"Er…"

Ashton pulled his hand back and sat back down in his bench.

"It's getting late, I should probably get Lily to bed. See you Monday" I said standing up and walking quickly towards Lily so Ashton couldn't interject. 

"Wait, Izzy!" I heard behind me. I grabbed Lily's hand and dragged her out as she yelled "Bye Owivia" and Ashton still calling after me.

We had to call a cab since Ashton had drove us here, I collected my car and drove home in record time.

-

After I had bathed and put Lily to sleep, I lay down on my bed and checked my phone.

3 messages from Ashton

Izzy, I'm sorry for whatever I did.

Isabel, please answer.

Isabel. Please. 

I threw my phone onto the floor and covered my face with my hands rubbing it from stress. Maybe I was overreacting. But I just get so scared ever since Lily's father left. 

But here I was still at 1 a.m., thinking about that golden curled boy with the lovely smile, whose last name I didn't even know. 

-

sorry this chapter is really ew and gross and i hate it

also that last line is v important so keep in in the back of your mind