Another loss

I turned the tv on just as the clock struck 3:30 PM. Had so support my baby somehow right? Apparently our team manager suggested that we keep our relationship under wraps and unknown to the public, for now. But with how he said it, I feel like he didn't want us to come out any time soon.

So because the management said that it would probably be a better idea if we don't expose ourselves to the public that much, I decided to just watch it through the tv.

I got my snacks and drinks ready, to my surprise some of my teammates also joined me. Teasing me, while at it.

"Nako naman Tin! Pinatulan ka lang naman nun eh!" CJ said as she grabbed a handful of my freshly popped cheddar flavoured popcorn. I didn't get offended, because this is how they normally were. Inherited from our ates' back in the Aby Maraño era. I glared daggers at her and rolled my eyes. I swatted her hand from getting another handful and said,

"Wag ka ngang kumuha kung basher ka lang, bleh."

I grabbed the bowl and placed it on my lap; The game hasn't started, I haven't eaten even just a single piece, and she was already finishing it.

"Joke lang naman, to talaga di mabiro! Nahawa ka na ata sa seriousness ni Maddie." She laughed at her joke. Gotta admit, it was quite humorous

"Sumbong kita ah!" I threatened, though it didn't seem to have an effect.

The game was starting so I grabbed a few pieces myself, I set it down on the table and focused on the match. But I couldn't help but think.

That could've been us.

I shook my head and dismissed the thought. Past is past. You learn, you move on and you do better the next time around.

-

It was almost predictable, that they would bow down, I mean. Not that I was doubting them and their capabilities, I knew well enough what they can do. I've watched all of their games, and even played against them twice this season. But with what they were putting on the table, it was very predictable.

I didn't call Maddie immediately, first of all she's still on screen. And second of all, I know she can handle herself. I went on twitter and logged on to my fan account. Yeah, yeah laugh all you want. But I can't really be updated with my girlfriend if I use my account. That would just raise suspicion.

I scrolled through all of the sad tweets and a video caught my attention. It was a video of their coach giving them a talk after the loss. I thought it was just a regular video but I read the caption again.

"It hurts to see the normally so strong and tough Maddie cry after a loss because she doesn't normally cry. My heart bleeds for them, bawi girls! Kaya yan!!"

What? Maddie cried?

I watched the video again and I noticed a figure wiping her face. Holy crap Maddie was crying.

I jumped out of my seat like it had a virus.

"Shit shit shit shit." I said as I dashed up the stairs to retrieve my car keys. A voice called out to me.

"Where you going?"

"Maddie! She's crying!" I said panicking because I coudn't find my keys. I groaned in frustration.

"Where are my keys?!"

"Study table! Sa may mga libro mo." Jolina shouted back. Thank God for rommates.

I stopped by the mirror and looked at myself. It was my normal outfit usually after a game, an 'Animo La Salle' shirt and my white pants with my jersey number. This will have to do, there's not enough time.

I reached the bottom of the stairs and my teammates asked questions while I was rummaging through the shoe cabinet for my slides. Questions like, where in the world will I meet Maddie?
"Araneta," I said.

How about Reggie the manager?
"Fuck him I'm yolo-ing this."

What if they have already left when you arrive?
"Edi diretso sa dorm nila, tsaka malabo. Kilala ko yung mga yun."

Anong sasabihin mo pag nakita mo siya?
"Secret na namin yun."

Ano bang hanap mo? Naloloka ako sayo!
"Slides ko! Nakita niyo ba?"

"Suot mo bobo! DALI NA BAKA TRAFFIC MALAYO PANAMAN YUN!" Desiree ushered me out. I wanted to face palm myself sometimes.

I started the car and speeded off, fate was on my side today as to my surprise, there wasn't traffic! Thank you Lord! The best ka!

I spotted a Burger King branch with a drive-thru, Lord I love you so much!

I bought three 4-cheese whoppers, two in normal size and one junior. Two large sprites, and five fries.

Tig-isa kami sa normal size na whopper, siguro paghahatian namin yung junior. Tig-isa kaming sprite tsaka Tig-dalawa kaming fries. Siguro yung huli paghahatin rin namin, o baka sa kanya na yun.

I was already near Araneta when I decided to post an IG story. My phone was attached to my phone holder at the left side of the wheel. It got a good angle of me driving and the bags of food on the passenger seat.

It stopped recording just as I came to a red light. I quickly typed down a caption and I was already at the Coliseum.

"I know u won't be able to see this because u guys r on a social media break but im comin for u @maddie7madayag"

"brought food to cheer u up hehe, stop crying na pls? lash u💙💚"

I wasn't wrong when I said I knew them. There were still a lot of fans when I got up from the parking lot, which probabky indicated that they haven't left. I squeezed through the sea of people with a little ease as as a lot of them were familiar with me but due to the fact that I was holding two drinks in the same hand while I was clasping on to the big paper bag with two separate paper bags inside with my other hand.

"Nandiyan pa po ba sila kuya?" I asked the kuya guard.

"Hindi pa, sa pagkakaalam ko." he said back. I set the food on their table and asked if I could go in the dugout. Although he recognized me, he still declined. Can't blame him, the man's just doing his job right? I was thinking of another way until an idea popped to my head.

"Pasabi nalang po na may naghahanap sa kanya dito ngayon." the kuya nodded and he disappeared into the arena. I suppose these fans have seen my story as they shouted out questions, to which I didn't answer.

It was already bad enough that I went all the way here and posted an instagram story, man Reggie is gonna kill me once he finds out.

The opening of the arena spitted out a Madeleine Madayag, in all her beautiful glory. I recomposed myself as I seemed to have been staring. I picked up the food the same way as I had come, opened up my arms and smirked. No words were needed as she approached me and hugged me tight. I was aware of the cameras on us but at that exact moment, I didn't give a damn. And neither did she, apparently.

She released herself from the hug and pecked me quickly on the lips. She took one of the drinks in her hand and grabbed my arm, dragging me inside.

-

double update today kasi natalo ateneo:") BAWI GIRLS HUHU FOR THE SENIORS PLEASE. funny how ginawa ko pang inspiration yung pagkatalo ng ateneo pero it just popped in eh and i had to write it down. vote and comment naman diyan friends! sige kayo di na ko maguupdate! AHAHAHA