Chapter 15: My true heart

"Promises. I really hate them."

Phos looked at the person overlooking them. Phos got up. "Why...do you hate promises?" for some reason, She didn't know who she was. That wasn't a problem. The person turned. She had sea green hair. In her hands was a clipboard. She looked really familiar.

"Why? Because. We've made so many of them. And we still haven't kept them."

Phos looked at her. Then her legs and arms reformed. Her hair was shorter. "I thought I could do something. We could." Phos reached out, something hazliyl in the distance. What is that? The gem reformed again. Short blue hair, white outfit with gold arms, a blue eye and a glowing eye, a giant sword in hand. "What...?"

Suddenly she remembered.

I40 years ago

Cinnabar turned to leave. In a panic Phos yelled, "Well...In that case! I promise I'll find you a job that only you can do! I'll do it! And it'll be more fun than night patrol! So don't go talking about going to the moon!"

That same year, winter

Phos looked in shock. As Antarc broke Phos could hear her whispers.

"Make sure Sensei isn't lonely, and take care of the Winter, in my place."

That fall.

Cairngorm fought, arrows taking off the pieces of Ghost. Ghost said her last words.

"Take care of Phos for me, okay?"

2 years later...

Phos grabbed Cairngorm, and looked her dead in the eyes. 

"You don't have to keep that promise anymore Cairngorm."

40 years later

Phos handed Rutile the violet sapphire, as she said this,

"I promise to help you revive Pad"

Pad looked at Phos and said with force.

"Promise me if in the next 100 years, I don't wake up, you'll destroy me and tell rutile to give it up."

"...I promise."

Promises.

"I promised...I promised something to them...but who am I to them?" The gem grasped her hands and looked at her, something familiar. "You are stronger than Mercury. You are the one hope. Remember. Remember that you are Phosphophyllite."