18. pottsfield

18. REAL LIFE

"Tian-ah, you realize you won't be able to do the design if you do that, right?" Lucy says just as Timothée continues to carve a full circle in his pumpkin.

"What?" He says as he pops the cut circle out. "Wait." He'd realized his mistake of trying to make the empty background of the carving, he'd cut the entire chunk out leaving an empty hole instead of the face he'd chosen instead. "Why didn't you say anything earlier?"

Lucy raises her brow at him, trying to hold in her laugh at his clueless expression. "I thought you said you knew what you were doing."

"I do," he replies, unconvincingly. He slowly gets up to set his sad pumpkin in the pile of failed pumpkins and says under his breath as he passes by Lucy with his head dropped, "I'm going to find another pumpkin."

Lucy finally released her laughter as she watches the boy return to the field full of pumpkins. They'd already spent over a hour when they first arrived to find the perfect pumpkins together. Which mostly consisted of Lucy smacking every large pumpkin she'd see to 'feel if it was right' and Timothée laughing every time she did.

Lucy felt accomplished as she sees Timothée walking around the field and smack a pumpkin, which he ended up picking up. She quickly returns to carving her own as he begins to return to where they were sitting.

"Let's try this again shall we," Timothée spoke mostly to himself as Lucy couldn't help but grin as she stole brief glances at him. It wasn't until Timothée swiftly commented, "I can feel your eyes on me, Lu," to which causes her to blush and hide her face behind her pumpkin.

       Timothée smiles to himself as he watches her slowly go back to carving her pumpkin. He prepares to paint his pumpkin after squeezing the black paint onto a paper plate until he feels his phone vibrate.

Lily Rose
Missing you.

Timothée felt his smile falter as he looks up at the girl sitting across from him. He locks his phone and just as quickly shoving it into his pocket without a second thought, returning to painting his pumpkin.

- x -

18. INSTAGRAM

tchalamet

Liked by kaitlyndever, chance_perdomo, finnwolfhardofficial and 484,339 otherstchalamet who knew she's also an expert pumpkin carvertagged: lucyang

tchalamet who knew she's also an expert pumpkin carver
tagged: lucyang

- x -

tchalamet posted on their story!