Chapter 6

Desmond's POV

"Rise and shine, sleepyhead!" Lucy says, shaking my shoulder. I groan and drag myself out of bed.

Monday. The worst day of the week.

I'm about to leave my room when I see Lucy waking the Assassins, which reminds me of the day ahead.

Assassins in high school.

Resta in pace.

I quickly pack my ancestors backpacks as well as my own and put them by the door. I eat a piece of bread and wait for the others to wake up.

Edward stumbles into the kitchen, his eyes closed.

"These powerful candles are much to bright," he says.

"They're called lights," I say, mentally face-palming.

"Well, they're too bright."

"You're going to have to get used to it."

Connor, Ezio and Altaïr eventually come out and eat Cheerios with Edward, which I give to them.

"What is this?" Altaïr asks, pushing the Cheerios around with his spoon.

"It's called cereal. Just eat it," I reply.

When they're done eating, I usher them out the door. They're wearing their modern clothes and have their backpacks slung over their shoulders.

They look ready for high school, but I know they aren't.

We drive to school and walk up the front steps. The entire time, I lecture them about what to do.

"Guys, don't speak up right away. Get used to "teenager language" first and then talk. Also, don't assassinate anyone. You'll go to jail."

I continue to ramble and the assassins listen quietly.

"Alright, Desmond. We will try our best," Altaïr says.

We walk through the front doors of the school and go to my locker. We manage to cram five backpacks into the small metal box and go to the office to sign them in.

When we reach the office, they sit in the chairs and I go up to the secretary.

"There are four exchange students with me. Can you sign them in to the systems? They'll be taking classes with me," I say.

She nods and types something into the computer.

"What are their names?"

"Ezio Auditore de Firenze, Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad and Connor and Edward Kenway," I say.

The secretary nods and types their names into the computer, me helping her spell them. When she was done, she looked back up at me.

"You can go to your first class now."

"Come on, guys," I say. The assassins stand and follow me towards my locker.

I almost laugh and cry at the same time when I see what class I have first.

History.