fifteen

fifteen

        No matter how many times I entered inside Portia's dorm room, I'd always be creeped out. Natalie's eyes stared at me and watched me as if she was in the room. I didn't know if she was pleading for me to find out who killed her, or telling me to stop in my tracks. Perhaps she was telling me to stop, that the people or person that killed her was too dangerous for a girl like me to handle. Whatever it was, I didn't stop, instead I sat down on Portia's bed and watched her look around the room for something. "You know I have a plan." I stated to Portia. She paused her searching and looked at me.

        I told her everything from finding out that Calvin lived in Chance neighborhood to the strange text in the shower (leaving out the contents). Portia looked at me, probably considering whether or not this plan would be successful or not. "I think that seems like a good idea." She stated. "But, what exactly are you going to look for in Calvin's apartment?" She stated. I hadn't really thought about this. I was too hype on the fact that I had thought of a good enough idea.

        "Well, I don't know. Clue? A diary? A blood stained watch? A body?" I stated. Portia shook her head. She scoffed. "Please. Calvin is smart, he's not going to leave a blood stained watch or a body in his apartment. And a diary? Come on Solana, I thought you were cute and smart." Portia stated shaking her head. I rolled my eyes, plopping back first on the bed. The impact sent me flying, but not enough to scare me. Portia's eyes roamed over me, and I rose an eyebrow at this. I could only hope Portia wasn't trying to hit on me. I was only helping her to fulfill my curiously, nothing else. And besides, I had Chance, and I'm quite sure he could please me better than Portia ever could.

        "Just look for something. Anything." She stated.

        That didn't help. Much. But it gave me kind of an idea.

        "Well, okay." I stated, getting up. 

        "Where are you going?" Portia asked. I rose an eyebrow. "Uh, to my apartment?" I stated in a "duh" kind of tone. Portia rolled her eyes. "Well, yeah, I know that. But maybe we could hit the stores or something." She stated shrugging. I looked down at my attire. My khaki shorts were wrinkled from my swim with Chance yesterday and I looked gross. I shook my head. "I would love to--" I paused only to notice how Portia's eyes lit up, '--but I look terribly and I'm awfully tired." I stated. Portia looked at me skeptically. I even added a fake yawn to make things sound a bit more realistic.

        "I think you look pretty." Portia stated.

        I groaned (inwardly of course, I wasn't that mean) before shaking my head. "I'll be on my way." I responded. I exited her dorm room, practically tripping over an album that had a picture of Natalie on the front. Closing the door behind me, I rolled my eyes. "This bitch is legit weird." I stated. I exited her dorm complex and found my car. Buckling up, I headed towards my apartment. I was going to go home, take a nap, and then come up with ideas on what I was looking for. 

        My apartment was eerily empty.

        I was worried now, for no matter what, there was always at least someone in the house. Plus, it was early in the morning meaning there was no way any of them were out partying, or in class. I held my phone tightly in my hand, nine one one already dialed into the keypad (in case a bitch tried to act crazy). I checked each and every room carefully, making sure it was empty before moving on to the next one.

        Satisfied, I entered into my bedroom. 

        I locked the door behind me for safety measures before crawling into my bed. I wrapped the covers up to my chin and closed my eyes hoping that I could somehow fall into a deep sleep. That idea ended quickly when I heard the sound of footsteps coming from just outside my door. Taking a deep breath, I shot up from my bed holding my phone tightly in my left hand. In my right, I held onto a small bat that I had in my room. It came with a matching mini baseball, but I knew I wouldn't need that. I turned the knob of the door, twisting it open quietly so that it wouldn't disturb whoever was in here.