eight.

eight.

                I knocked on the door of the apartment I once lived in. My key was inside, possibly still sitting on my dresser. I bit my lip, pondering on whether or not they would open the door. After a couple minutes of waiting, I pounded on the door again, this time with more force. I was growing aggravated. Then, the door opened. Thankfully, it was Uriel. I sighed, saying hello to her before pushing past her. The house was filthy, possibly because I wasn't here to clean it up. "Where's everybody?" I asked, sitting down on the couch. I dropped the bags of clothes onto the floor sighing. "Out, what happened to your hair?" She asked. I rose an eyebrow, heading towards the mirror in my room. My hair was a messy, all tangled and matted, and some of my ends were burnt to the crisp. My eyes opened in horror. "Help me tame this." I cried. She nodded, walking towards me.

        I held my hair underneath the kitchen sink, relaxing as Uriel's fingers combed through my hair. She would wash my hair, then trimmed the burnt ends. "I know you didn't kill Natalie." Uriel stated. I nearly coughed at the surprise mention of the dead girl. I didn't respond, not because I knew what to say, but because the conditioner from the bottle had dripped towards my mouth. I just nodded, closing my eyes and letting her do her job.

        Only a few minutes later, I was sitting down in the living room, a towel around my hair, and a awaiting look on my face. Uriel sat adjacent to me, and was fiddling with her fingers. I tapped my nails against the coffee table. "I was saying, I know you didn't kill Natalie." She repeated the phrase she had said not too long ago. I nodded. "Do you know who killed her?" I asked. Uriel hesitated before shaking her head. "There are many people who I've assumed killed her, but have yet to have legitimate reason why it's them." Uriel stated.

        "Can I have some names?" I asked, crossing my arms. Uriel sighed, shaking her head. "Not yet, I can't say anything yet." She stated. I groaned. "Well whoever this is is out to get me. I promise you, they are the one who burnt down Chance's apartment." I stated. Uriel rose an eyebrow. "Chance's apartment? What were you doing there?" She asked. I cursed underneath my breath. I wasn't planning on telling anyone anytime soon. "I was staying there. That's actually where I've been staying for the last couple of days. Just today, I had been locked into the bathroom while someone tried to set the place on fire." I stated, shivering at the thought. Uriel rose an eyebrow. "Are you sure it was someone affiliated with Natalie?" She asked. I nodded. "I mean, it couldn't be anyone else." I answered. Uriel thought without saying anything before shrugging. "That seems like the most logical explanation." She answered. I nodded.

        "Well, what are we going to do about it?" I asked, leaning back on the couch. Uriel sighed. "Well, whoever it is, hates it when you're with Calvin. The only way you can get them to stop is to leave Calvin alone--" I cut her off with the sound of a groan. She looked at me, a smirk on her face knowingly. "--or you could continue to talk to him, learing them in, until we find out who the hell it is." Uriel continued. I nodded furiously. "I like the second version better." I answered truthfully, only for the simple fact that I couldn't just drop Calvin especially not after today. I was going to sleep on it, then wake up in the morning with a clear mind on what I really wanted to do.         

        I conversed with Uriel a bit before heading to bed.

        I was drained, so as soon as my head hit the pillow, it was lights out.

x

        I woke up the next morning refreshed. I had taken an early shower and pulled on one of the many clothes in my closet. I had missed the smell of my room so much, and the smell of Axe and Old Spice was beginning to get annoying to me. I had on a black cardigan ontop of a plain white top. To match the outfit, I paired it up with a pair of ripped boyfriend jeans. My hair was simply straightened. I was pretty satisfied with my look. I grabbed my phone from the charger, scrolling through my contacts before clicking Calvin's number. Not only was I calling him to fulfill the plan that Uriel and I had settled on, but to just get his point of view of what happened just twenty four hours ago.