Ch. 4: Predestined

Chapter Four: Predestined

Delilah and Jerome snuck back into the camp and grudgingly re-entered the trailer that they honestly couldn't call "Home".

Had Lila been up, perhaps she might have caught wind that at least one of them had had some sexual encounter. How Delilah's legs had become like wobbly jello would have been the first cue. Their mother was snoring in the first room. Whether or not the guest suitor was still in her room or perhaps had left afterwards, neither Jerome nor Delilah cared to find out.

They merely tolerated Lila's late night fornicating sessions so that she would leave them alone. But even Lila, unbelievably obnoxious, could bark out chores all the while getting rammed from behind by an adoring fan or even one of the carnies from their own Circus Family.

Delilah grabbed Jerome by the wrist to lead the two of them to their singular bed in their singular room, where always before they shared; but this time, it wasn't going to be staring at the ceiling, talking about their hatred for their mother or the goings-on of the circus. To lie in bed to think "What if?" or list off the different ways to kill their mother.

Delilah's outfit jingled and jangled, as she strode to the bed, and with Jerome's eyes on her, she unclasped the dress once more to let it fall from her shoulders, stomach, and then puddle around her ankles. Jerome felt his stomach turn, not from revulsion, but of the reminder that the two of them were still related even after coming from Arkham Bridge. In a place so familiar as this, the urge to do wrong felt right.

Delilah shrugged her shoulders coyly, smiling, and then got into her side of the bed. She gestured for him to join her.

Jerome followed suit. He made a smirk, and he pulled his shirt over his head, tossing it to the floor. Delilah grinned, and he fingered the button of his jeans, pulling them down around his ankles, stepped out of them. And he slid into his side of the bed.

The first time, they lay naked beside each other in their shared bed. Delilah turned on her side to look at him. And he turned on his side to look at her.

"This ought to keep things interesting around here," Delilah said quietly, head resting on her arm, "Don't you think, Brother?"

"It really will make things interesting, Deedee," Jerome remarked. "Still want the bitch dead?"

"Of course," Delilah answered as fondly as she had spoke before. "Of course, I do. You?"

Jerome's face broke into a wicked smile, and he said, "Of course."

"Well, maybe we should really do something about it instead of talking," said Delilah.

"I was thinking the same thing," Jerome replied. "I mean where's the commitment if nothing is really done about Mom?"

"Exactly. Or else we're just a couple of teenagers talking shit." Delilah said.

"I have a couple of good ideas," said Jerome. "Been thinking about it again since we got home. You?"

"Also I have good ideas, of course." Delilah shrugged. "But obviously I'd let you pull first crack at her."

"Sure you shouldn't be the first one to draw first blood? You're oldest." Jerome said with a smile.

"You're too kind," Delilah said. "But I think you'd like it most to do actually do it. I think I'd prefer to watch…" She licked her lips. "You know...I think I definitely would like to watch you kill our mother dearest."

"Yeah?" Jerome said quietly. "And how'd you like me to do it?"

Delilah felt her stomach turn as she saw a glint in his eyes. Sweet blood lust, and maybe even lust all together. Jerome's smile was more prevalent than ever, the hint of a psychopath. Jerome let his eyes fall to his sister's rosy cheeks, where they flushed with obvious enjoyment of their intimate setting: naked and close, discussing the predestined homicide of Lila Valeska.

"Make her bleed," Delilah whispered. "Make her struggle. I can help you with that. I can restrain her."

Jerome raised a hand to her face, where he could notice her faint burn scars. Her skin was flushed to the touch. Sadistic temptress. He wondered if she was wet from discussing Lila's future homicide. Honestly, the idea of Delilah restraining their mother while Jerome killed her stirred a fire in his belly as well.

"We should take her somewhere secluded," advised Jerome. "Away from the circus."

"Arkham Bridge," suggested Delilah.

"You're a bit of a poet, aren't you?" Jerome chuckled. "Kill her where we—"

"That's the point. New beginnings," Delilah consented. She kissed the palm of his hand, angling her lips to face his hand that caressed her cheek.

"So we take her to Arkham Bridge," said Jerome. "Won't that look a little weird, taking Mom on a walk like we're a wholesome family? Never have been that way before."

"We let her follow us," said Delilah. "She'll want to know why her kids are sneaking off together."

"Let her find out about us?" Jerome said quietly. "I thought we'd keep it quiet, you and me…"

"No one will believe a dead woman," breathed Delilah.

"Oh, Deedee," Jerome growled appreciatively, "You're bad."

"Not just a pretty face," Delilah said cheerfully. "When do we do it?"

"Tomorrow night," said Jerome.

"Tomorrow night?" Delilah said with a feverish delight. She chuckled. "Aren't you eager?"

"Aren't you?" Jerome remarked. He caught her chin between two fingers "Tonight has sort of opened my eyes to what I really want. And that's to stop hearing the bitch call out orders like we're her little servants, not her children. To kill her, to break free…" He considered her naked breasts. "To slip into you again, right here, in our bed."

"You've certainly put things into perspective." Delilah conceded.

"I can be very persuasive," said Jerome.

"As can I," returned Delilah.

"That, I am very sure of." Jerome said with a smirk.

"Makes me wonder why we didn't do this long ago." Delilah considered.

"Fear," said Jerome. "Social acceptability is mind-numbing."

"Painful," added Delilah.

"Agonizing," Jerome coined in.

"Boring," they said at the same time.

Jerome and Delilah broke into a smile.

"I guess we should do this tomorrow," Delilah agreed.

"Yes, but for tonight," Jerome slipped in closely, mounting on top of her, gazing down at her as he pushed Delilah onto her back. "I don't want to wait until tomorrow night to do this."

Jerome leaned in forward and slipped his tongue between her lips, kissing her deeply.