Victoria Strikes Again

Alice has calmed down since I made her really mad a few weeks ago. She really had frightened me when she started punishing me. We've had a few clashes, but nothing major. I made Alice a little bit mad this morning when I took forever getting ready. We didn't leave to go to school when we have normally been leaving.

My classes were kind of boring, and I didn't really care to pay attention. When I got to Mrs. Robinson's class, it was just as boring as my last classes. Mrs. Robinson teaches history for all of the grades. At the beginning of class, we were beginning to learn about the 1920's. I didn't find it intriguing, so I laid my head down on my desk to take a nap.

It's too bad that I was just interrupted by Mrs. Robinson herself.

She tapped me on my shoulder.

"Victoria, you're in class right now. Are you trying to sleep?"

"Would it make a difference if I was? Everything you teach goes in one ear and out the other anyways, so I don't see why it matters to you."

"We can talk about this further after class."

"Screw you, I'm not wasting my lunch talking to you."

"Victoria, you will stay after, or there will be consequences."

"What are you going to do about it? Yell at me? You don't have any power over me."

Mrs. Robinson didn't even try arguing with me. Once the bell rang for lunch, I headed out the door.

Mrs. Robinson spoke up, "Victoria, stay seated."

"No. Why don't you stay seated? See you later."

I hurried and left her room and headed to the cafeteria to go grab some lunch. I met up with Jenny as soon as I got my food. She was sitting at a table with some of our other friends.

"I heard that you back talked Mrs. Robinson last hour."

"I don't know if I would call it back talking, but I did set her straight."

"Victoria, you need to start being careful. You're going to end up getting in a lot of trouble."

"What's it to you?"

"I'm your friend, I just don't want you getting into trouble that could have been prevented."

"Don't worry, if I go down, no one will be going with me."

"Suit yourself, but I would be worried if I was you."

After we ate and the bell rang, we quickly headed to our last class for the day. Alice was at the door greeting us as we walked in. She kind of glared me down when I was walking in.

When Jenny and I sat down, Jenny spoke up.

"What did you do to make your mom mad? She looks pissed."

"I mean, I made us late this morning, but I don't think she would still be mad about that."

"Whatever it is, I think she has it in for you."

"No joke."

After the tardy bell rang, Alice shut her door and proceeded to the front of the class.

"Welcome to class. Today, you will be reading silently your books that you have chosen to do your upcoming report on. I expect this class to be quiet for the duration of the hour, and that means absolutely no chattering. Now, get to reading."

Within a few minutes, the class was silent. You could've heard a pin drop. I don't know how I've kept up my act for this long, but I still haven't chosen a book to do my report on. I've been reading books, but nothing that I can do a report on. Halfway through class, I was getting restless.