Key and Chapter 1

(H/N) = Your Human name

(K/N) = Your kit name

(A/N)= Your Apprentice name

(W/N)= Your Warrior name

(F/C)= Your favorite color

(H/C)= Your Hair color

(E/C)= Your eye color

(F/L)= Your Fur Length

(F/F/K)= Your Favorite Fresh Kill

(A/N)'s POV

I dashed through the forest quickly, the wind blowing in my (F/L) (F/C) and (H/C) fur. My slightly damp nose twitched in the cold air as I pushed myself harder. I needed to get away from my old home because we had been overrun by ShadowClan and my clan has left me behind because of my... Peculiarities. Even my mother and brother didn't want me.

It wasn't my fault that my form had fluctuated into that of a two-legs. I didn't have control over it. Heck, I didn't even know I could do that. I headed towards ThunderClan, knowing that it was necessary to warn them that they were probably next because RiverClan was weak and would most likely give in to the demands. OakHeart had just recently been killed by a ThunderClan warrior as well, which made them even weaker.

Then it happened again.

In my nervous rush, I turned into a two-legs.

I ran over to a nearby pond, struggling to control my two-leg limbs, and gazed into the reflective water.

I had two-leg fingers, a two-leg body, a two-leg face. Only two things about my two-leg form were any different from the usual two-leg form.

I still had my ears and tail.

I was wearing two-leg clothing as well. A black jacket made from cow's skin, a (F/C) shirt made from the stalks of cotton. The (F/C) star was still on my cheek, just under my slightly cat-like, (E/C) eyes. I was wearing a collar with a bell hanging from its strap. Covering my lower half was a pair of blue pants made from cotton twill.

Falling from head was (H/C) two-leg fur, the same color as most of my cat fur. My eyes were shaped more like a two-leg's, but my pupils were still fairly cat-like.

Then I fluctuated back to a cat. I was a (H/C) and (F/C) tabby with a (F/C) star directly under my right eye. My (F/L) fur was standing on end from the transition. There was once again nothing around my neck except for a couple of pine needles and some small pieces of leaves. My (E/C) were once again normal cat eyes.

So I kept running.

It wasn't that bad of a run to ThuderClan territory, but the transition knocked the wind out me, making me breath hard as I leaped across their boundary line and used the scent of their camp to find my way. As soon as I got to the boundary of their camp, I let out a cry.

"BLUESTAR! YOUR CLAN IS IN DANGER, BLUESTAR!" I yowled, hoping that the Clan leader would hear me.

She did.

BlueStar came bounding from her den and over to me. Our Clans had been living in peace for a couple moons, without a single battle. She knew me from The Gathering. I had been given the privilege to go when I had only been an apprentice for a single moon, which was out of the ordinary. I had only really been allowed to go because my father was the med cat and I had caught cold.

"(A/N)? What's wrong, Kit?" BlueStar asked, keeping her calm nature.

She had started calling me "Kit" at the gathering. It was a term of endearment. She decided that because of my small stature, I almost looked like a kit.

"I don't know if I should say it out in the open. It might make your clan panic." I meowed quietly.

"Of course. Come with me." BlueStar said and turned gracefully, walking slowly to make sure that, after having heard my labored breathing, I could keep up.

I followed her into her den, where she motioned for me to have a seat. I sat on my tired haunches on the sandy floor of her den. She sat down across from me.

"Now, Kit, please tell me what's wrong." BlueStar meowed softly.

I took a deep breath.

"My clan has been invaded by ShadowClan," I meowed quietly, tears brimming my eyes, "And I think that ThunderClan may be next."

BlueStar's eyes flooded with worry.

"Do you know why ShadowClan decided to do so?" She asked, pushing the fear out of her expression.

"They wanted rights in our hunting grounds." I meowed simply, looking down.

I heard BlueStar get up.

"Come, Kit. I must inform the clan and tell the apprentices about their new denmate." She meowed softly and nuzzled my head gently with her nose.

I gasped silently.

"You mean I am allowed to stay?" I asked quietly.

"Yes. You have run all the way from your home in a time of sorrow to inform us of bad news. I suspect that you will get along well with a select few of our current apprentices." She replied.

I got up and ended up following her to Highrock, where I sat at the bottom of the stone, facing the crowd of cats that had been awoken from their slumber.

"Let all cats old enough to gather their own fresh kill come to Highrock!" BlueStar had called out at the top of her lungs to wake them.

"I have grave news. WindClan has been forced out of their territory by ShadowClan! (A/N) has more information on the matter. She was an apprentice of WindClan. Now, I am formally inviting her to become a part of ThunderClan. (A/N), do you accept?" BlueStar said in a kind but commanding voice.

I bowed my head in respect.

"BlueStar, it is my honor to become one of the many in the loyal clan of ThunderClan." I meowed.

"Then it shall be so. MousFur will be your mentor, should she accept the responsibility." She said and nodded towards a dusky-brown she-cat, who stepped forward and bowed her head respectfully.

"It is my honor, BlueStar." She said.

As important as I knew all of this was, I was distracted by a black tom. He was standing with two other toms, one gray and one bright orange.

RavenPaw's POV

The stunning she-cat sat back on her haunches as BlueStar continued. I ignored what BlueStar was saying, lost in thought about the former WindClan apprentice before us. She noticed my stare and smiled softly, discretely nodding a hello.

The skin under the fur of my cheeks began to burn up. Her eyes stayed partially locked on me. Her gaze seemed piercing, her (E/C) eyes seeming to penetrate my soul.

I looked down at the dirt and continued gazing at it long enough that I could have memorized every speck had I not been thinking of (A/N).

There was something peculiar about her that I just couldn't put my paw on.

Her scent was strange, for one thing.

She didn't smell like a clan cat, a loner, or even a kittypet. She didn't smell like a two-legs or a two-leg monster, either.

My whiskers twitched as I tried to figure out just what she could be.

FirePaw, ever the observant type, noticed my concentration.

"She's different," I muttered to him.

Different was an understatement.

Hope you enjoyed the first chapter! Ivy will be writing the next one, so be sure to check that out as soon as she has it published.

~Jean