prologue

HE KNEW FROM THE START and he wasn't surprised

HE KNEW FROM THE START and he wasn't surprised. his sweet boy was actually swearing. his innocent catholic boy act wasn't lasting much longer, and even the younger boy knew it. but to the older boy's surprise, his sweet little angel pulled out a juul, and carefully refilled it. he put it in his back pocket. freddie watched as he walked away. he ran towards the boy, who swore he was straight and loved this girl, lacey. she was cute, had a perfect body, and also wanted john, too. except freddie knew who he really longed for.
   "johnny, did i see you put a juul in your back pocket." freddie said, smiling.
   "no, where would i even get tho-" john started but never finished as freddie reached into his back pocket and swayed it in john's face
   "give it back. that shit's addictive." john said trying to grab it.
   "i am too, so i don't understand why you have one, do me a favor and you'll have it straight in your hands." freddie said.
   "what do you want?" john asked.
   "follow me back to my house and you'll find it out." freddie declared.
   "freddie, i'm straight." john said, chuckling.
   freddie bit his lip as there were those words again. freddie nodded. the intoxicating object still in his hands. freddie grabbed john's hand and lead him out of the school.
   they arrived at freddie's house, they entered only to be greeted by nobody. his parents were still on that business trip. freddie smiled to himself and lead john to his room. john tried to keep his act and not get excited a boy was taking him to the room. and his parents would kill him if he liked another guy. freddie put the juul in his cabinet and turned to look at john.
   "here's my one favor." freddie said, giving a grin.
   "what is it, freddie."
   "admit it." freddie lightly demanded.
   "admit what?" john asked, perplexed.
   "you're a sweetheart, but you're not so innocent, darling." freddie said getting closer.
"what if i'm not?"
"then i guess you'll return this." freddie said.
freddie leaned in and kissed john on the lips. john wanted to pull away, keep his straight act, just to see how freddie would react. but he couldn't. the kiss was too intoxicating and he couldn't pull away, and he returned the kiss. lacey could never find out about this, but that wasn't what freddie wanted. all he knew that he came from zanzibar, he likes a guy, has 3- no, 2 friends, or, what is john? they're kissing. john isn't pulling away. but that's not what he thought right now. his best friend, that he knew himself he was close with, was kissing him. and he's done so much more with just having freddie's image in his head. freddie slowly pulled away and gathered some air, alongside john. he reached into his cabinet and grabbed the juul and handed it back to john.
"now, let's talk about what happened when you left for 7 minutes to the bathroom while watching a movie with me at your house, huh." freddie smirked, as john cheeks blushed profusely.