6. Missing Days

I stood dumfounded in front of Dakota, how could this have happened? I felt anger rise through my body and I remembered what Henry had said to me. That asshole, he knew and he didn't bother to even tell me.

"Dani, come on I have a seat for you." I felt Courtney grab my hand, the contact pulling me from own thoughts.

"Right, thanks." I smiled and followed her into the class and into the empty desk next to her.

"So by the look on your face, I'm guessing you had no idea about this." She leaned across her desk trying to keep her voice as hushed as possible. "By the look on her face, I guess she didn't know about this either."

"Well, I think Henry dropped some hints to me about this." I scratched the back of my neck. "But we both know I'm not that great at reading between the lines. Plus I'm pretty sure he thinks of this as some kind of romantic comedy."

Before Courtney could respond, the bell had rang and Dakota entered the classroom.

"Good morning everyone, I'm Miss Avery, in homeroom I don't ask for much. I will take attendance and you can do what you'd like with the 15 minutes as long as you don't get too loud." She smiled and walked over to her desk picking up the clipboard starting roll.

I pulled my eyes off of her, trying to find anything else to look at instead of her.

"Danielle Drivas." I cringed at the sound of my actual first name, I hated it.

"Here."I didn't bother to look up from my desk, I just wanted this to get over as quickly as possible. Once she had finished the roll Courtney broke the silence.

"You know, getting through this might actually be easier with a friend." I looked over at Courtney and saw she was crossing his arms.

"I guess I do deserve that." I pushed the hair off my face. "Forgive me?"

"How could I not? So what's your schedule like?" I handed her my schedule and she made a pained face. "You took her for creative writing too?"

"WellI obviously didn't know it was her, I was just trying to stay away from going through with that hell of a gym class again." I grumbled and earned a quiet laugh.

"You're right about that, on the bright side you won't have to face a class with her alone."

"Wait, you took creative writing too?" I widened my eyes wondering if she had taken it to cop out of gym also or if it was just me.

"Yeah, I actually enjoy English, might know about that if you weren't so busy trying to avoid making friends." She shot me a look and I felt the sting of her words.

"Ouch, I asked for forgiveness." I scrunched my face, placing my hand on my chest acting physically pained.

"Yeah well I guess I'm just a little hurt over it still." She gave me a half smile and I nodded my head understanding I deserved the passive aggressive comments for a while.

Homeroom quickly came to an end and I stood from my desk.

"Where are you going?" Courtney questioned me.

"I just- I can't do this today." I shrugged my backpack onto my shoulder. "I'm not dealing with this right now." Before she could protest I darted out the classroom door and once I made it to the parking lot I practically ran to my truck.

I had no idea where I was going, I had no idea where to go. I only knew that I didn't want to go home. I pulled out my cellphone texting my usual hookup, I needed my buzz to release the stress I felt.

Before I had even got a reply I had found myself parked outside his house.

"Well this is early, you had just gotten your usual like two weeks ago." The slap on my roof and his voice booming through my ears had caused me to jump.

Dmitry was built tall and wide and if it was dark enough you would think he was a walking fridge. He had long dark brown hair that reached his shoulders, his skin tone was almost a ghost white, which was eery compared to his almost black eyes. I had met him at a party when I first moved in with Henry, he had given me a sample of his pills to help me sleep at night. Ever since I had always bought from him, or would even party with him if given the chance.

"I just needed to get away, you have anything going on?" I stepped out my truck and he smiled down at me. He nodded his head to the front door and I took no time to follow him.

"Help yourself to whatever you would, its on me." I quickly grabbed myself a beer hearing that. "I might only need a favor later on." I wasn't listening much after he said to help myself though. I was already drinking and beer and looking around for any of the pills laying around. It was going to be a good night.

I woke up to the sound of a constant buzzing, I lifted my head not recognizing the bed I was in let alone the room. I sat up realizing I was naked and was now searching for my clothes, my head felt blurred and I was groggiest I had been in a while.

"Good morning." I jumped and looked to the girl behind me. Who the hell was this?

I threw on a pair of jeans I thought were mine and a shirt that seemed similar, I didn't care to try and find anything else but my shoes. The buzzing started again and I realized it was my phone on the floor, Henry's name flashed across my screen I groaned.

"Where are you going?" The redheaded girl sat up now questioning me.

"Uh, home?" I shrugged and walked out the door, thankfully once I walked out the house I saw my truck in the driveway. At least I had a way home, now to just figure out where I was so I could make it home.

My phone started buzzing in my pocket and I pulled it out seeing it was an unknown number.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Where the hell have you been Dani?" I heard the screech come through my phone.

"Who is this?" I looked back and my phone screen to make sure it was some number I was supposed to recognize.

"You've been gone for almost three days!" I rolled my eyes and hung up the phone. What day was it? Had I really been gone for three days?

I hopped into the driver side of my truck pulling out maps on my phone, thankfully I was only thirty minutes from home. I could make that drive and hopefully take a nap. Unfortunately Dakota and Henry had other plans for me by the time I made it home.

"Dani, I was so worried about you!" Henry pulled me into a hug and then quickly pushed me back to scold me. "Where were you?" As much as I would of loved to answer that question, I really couldn't. The last thing I really remembered was going to Dmitry's and drinking a beer and taking some pills. Everything else is pretty much just flashes of drinking more and partying.

"Well you warned me not to drive while drunk, so I was just trying to be safe like you had said." I shrugged and gave him a pathetic smile.

"You were not drunk for three days!" He crossed his arms now, but honestly I probably was either drunk or high for those three days. "You should of at least called."

"You also should of told me that Dakota was going to be a teacher at my school!" I threw back at him.

"That has nothing to do-"

"You knew Henry." I cut him short. "You let me and Dakota both go clueless and run into each other. I was embarrassed!" Dakota opened her mouth like she about to say something but she shut it back.

"You're supposed to be my friend but instead you left us both in the dark for your own amusement, for what? Because we kissed once while we were drunk? Don't lecture me right now when you're just as much of an ass, as I am right now."

I stormed off to my room slamming the door behind me before he could say anything more to me, I threw myself into my bed hiding my face in my pillow. I was going to bed, I didn't want to deal with this right now.