My Kingdom

I woke up to the sounds of the birds chirping and people riding horses. My bed was small and made of wood and simple cotton sheets and a mattress full of cotton. My wooden house that contained only five rooms would be considered large during the thirteenth century. I did not own valuable fur like my neighbours. I only wore what looked like fur to look a bit more rich, but also because I couldn't stand the innocent murder of animals. My Kingdom was at least mostly plant-based  though due to the sustainability and nutrients plants provide.

      "The sun is up, so you must be up. Today is your eighteenth birthday," said my mother smiling. Sadly, my father was not here because the evil invaders who killed him two years ago in a battle. Now was my time to join the knights of Leverdon to avenge my father's death. Though I would like to be peaceful,  the pain of loosing a parent in a battle is just too much. Today would be my day to leave home and train for upcoming battles with colonies that were trying to colonize our own island kingdom of Leverdon.

      I was luckily already packed with my necessities and I was given armour at Emerald Castle. The Castle stood on a tall hill with forests and rivers surrounding it. Mountains enclosed the island and usually shielded us from harm, but still other armies were able to get to our island. They parked their boats on our beach and tried to take what was ours. All I have to say is how dare they.

   Leverdon is a kingdom of joy, science, and religion. We have been here for hundreds of years after exploring around the world. We did not take from others. This island was on its own and we treated it right. It has exotic animals, tropical rainforests, beautiful colourful traditions, and music that is in harmony with the land. No one could take this away from us. When I got to the castle I was excited and very determined. I waited in a line to get my armour and weapons. The castle was made of exquisite stone and was huge. There was a king and queen that lived there, but no they did not run the Kingdom. Our Kingdom was ran by the people and elected leaders. The royal family only tries to help this Kingdom.

      "Hello young lady," said a strong voice behind me. I locked eyes with tall, handsome man who was probably around my age. He had inviting chocolate brown eyes, jet black hair, and nice soft tan skin. Of course looks don't mean everything and I was most definitely not here to fall in love. He was just attractive. "Hello," I said smiling. "What is your name and age?," he asked politely. "I'm Kiera and I just turned eighteen. What about thee?," I asked kindly. "I am Ash and I have twenty years," he said with a charming voice. Though he was kind he did kind of seem like one of those guys who thought they were better than everyone else. "I came here to serve, because it was clear I had the skill. Why did you decide?," he raising one of his eyebrows. "I'm here to avenge my father's death, because he got killed by the Krilloa Kingdom," I said knowing what I said was clearly more serious.