일 | 1

"do you think this will work, hyung?"

jungkook asks as he takes out namjoon's old phone from the time capsule they had buried ten years ago. he gave the dusty phone to namjoon. it obviously looked old, but it can still be used nevertheless. it just needs a new battery.

"i don't know, but there's no harm in trying right?" namjoon lets out a hopeless smile.

"so.. you got this idea from an anime, right?" hoseok asks as he was taking out the all the stuff from the time capsule. pictures of the seven of them together, a polaroid photo of a smiling seokjin, personal items belonged to each member and letters for themselves.

"yes, hyung." he shyly admits. he took out the old battery from his phone, replacing a new one. "well.. i hope this works." namjoon bit his lip as he long pressed the power button.

the phone had started. the six of them heaved sighs of relief, exchanging hopeful smiles except for yoongi.

"it's too early for celebration," yoongi says to the five of them. "we don't know if we can send these messages to the namjoon ten years ago."

"kill joy." taehyung muttered. yoongi rolled his eyes at the younger and looked at namjoon who was staring at his phone, "so? what are you waiting for?"

"i-i think it's impossible." he sighed.

"namjoon-ah. as you have said, there's no harm in trying." hoseok softly pats namjoon's back

"and even if this works, it won't bring jin-hyung back to life. our regret will still haunt us forever." jungkook butts in.

"quit it," hoseok shoots a glare at the youngest. "let's stay positive, okay? we cannot be so sure that this will work out, but what's important is that we tried."

the rest nodded at hoseok's assurance.

"well, here goes for nothing." namjoon breathed deeply before he started typing and sent it to his old number from ten years ago.

ME
hi, is this kim namjoon?

UNKNOWN NUMBER
depends who's asking