numero 7

"You wanna know what Seunghyub said to me?!" Eun yelled at Mina who backed up at the sudden tone.

"Chillax." She said with widened eyes.

"Okay okay, so he listen.. he said that he's my umbrella."

Mina blinked countless times before shrugging. "See! I told you but you never listen." She shook her head and walked to her living room.

"But waittttt, that's not all. I kind of, JUST KIND OF, feel like I'm losing feelings for Hun."

Mina widened her eyes. "Does this mean, you're starting to gain feelings for.." She gulped. "Seunghyub?"

Eun shook her head vigourously. "I'm still not sure about my feelings, but I know for sure that I don't like Seunghyub."

Mina sighed. "But Seunghyub's been there for you more than Hun has, perhaps.. do you see him more as a brother?"

Eun thought of it for a while. "Yeah you could say that, I guess Seunghyub is more of a friend with benefit type of person tonme."

Mina sat down and crossed her legs. "You're gonna regret saying that."

Eun furrowed her eyebrows in response to that statement. "Why?"

"Nothing! Let's just watch Coraline!" She got the popcorn from the coffee table and offered Eun some which she gladly took.

|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|

Eun opened the door to hear voices coming from the living room.

She walked in and saw the back of Seunghyub's head, Jaehyun and Hoeseung.

"Oh no, what do I do." She whispered once sighting Seunghyub and held her heart as she leaned on a wall, closing her eyes.

"What's wrong?" Someone asked suddenly causing her to jump a bit. Her heart started to beat even louder seeing Seunghyub with his hands in his pockets.

"I um- I-" She laughed awkwardly then ran up to her room.

Seunghyub blinked a few times before chuckling as he looked at the stairs.

Eun looked at herself in the mirror and sighed heavily. "Remember that you probably still like Hun, you're just not sure of your feelings yet."

Eun flopped onto her bed and watched drama channels on YouTube for hours before Jaehyun barged into her room.

"Hey wanna come with us tomorrow to the arcade? You could bring Mina if you want."

"Who's going?" Eun asked and sat up on her bed.

"Me, Seunghyub, Hoeseung and Hun. Basically the whole group."

She breathed in and nodded. Maybe this is a chance to realize her true feelings.

|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|

"I'm still shocked Jaehyun invited me." Mina breathed out and fluttered her eyes.

"He probably didn't want me to feel lonely." Eun assumed and played with the hem of her shirt.

"Trying to crush a girl's dream huh?" Mina scoffed and laid her head in her arms.

Eun stared at Hun who was smiling at Hoeseung.

"I seriously don't know what to do anymore." Eun sighed.

"You're stressing yourself out too much, I can already see the wrinkles forming!" Mina stated, seeming genuinely concerned for friend.

"Shut up before I flick your head until you get wrinkles like a caterpillar."

Mina didn't respond and laid her head in her arms again.

Hun walked over to the duo, "Can I sit here?" Hun asked and Eun nodded automatically.

"Of course! Sit!" She pointed to the seat in front of her and he did so.

"So I want you to meet someone special to me."

Slowly nodding, she smiled slightly, "Of course! When?"

Hun scratched the back of his ears for a few seconds before clasping his hands together, "I was planning on bringing her tomorrow."

Oh so it's a female. Eun thought.

"Of course."

Seunghyub sat beside Hun in an instant and stared at his friend. "Who're you guys meeting? I exist too and including people is good." He joked and Hun elbowed him in the stomach while smiling at Eun.

"Actually, I think it's more on the personal side."

"Personal? Then why am I in it-" Eun asked.

"Because I wanted to clear things up before anything happens."

Eun felt her heart become hollow as he told her that.

"What do you mean? It's not like anything will happen."

"You don't like me? Good!" He laughed in relief and Eun was taken aback.

Mina shook her head and interrupted. "Shut your mouth before you say anything that'll hurt Eun. You're manipulating her for no reason." Whispering the last part, she pulled Eun and they walked out the arcade.

|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|

"Thanks for saving me." Eun smiled weakly at Mina.

Mina cooed and caressed her hair, "Heyy, I couldn't just witness that dumbass overtly hurting my best friend."

Eun laughed, followed with a comfortable silence.

"Have you figure out your feelings yet?"

Eun shrugged. "I don't know. I didn't cry or feel any sort of sadness when he said that."

Mina nodded and smiled. "You're probably in the process of getting over him."

Eun nodded as well then finally sighed, "Mina, I don't think I'll ever love again."

Mina tilted her head and squinted her eyes. "Excuse me? Yah.. Someone will always be there for you, like hmm Seunghyub! What if Seunghyub will be the love of your life?"

"I don't think so."

"Oh come on, he said that he's gonna be your umbrella." She mocked. "Plus he has always been there for you."

"I don't know, I don't think he'd feel the same way even if I did like him." She admitted.

"Okay then. Let's bet that by a month you and Seunghyub will date."

"We're betting on this now?"

Mina mischievously smiled. "If you lose, you will have to buy chinese take out for me whenever I ask for it."

Eun smiled. "But if I win then you have to buy me a lifetime supply of chicken nuggets every month."

Mina just shrugged it off. "It's a deal."

Eun tilted her head, she speculated the bet a bit but ended up agreeing to it. There's no harm to a small deal anyways. "Deal. Chicken nuggets for the win."

|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|~~

ooF i think this short story will end soon