1

-IMPORTANT NOTE-
If you are a new reader, this story changes so you can skip these pages! THE NEW "BOOK" STARTS ON CHAPTER 7! ITS WAYYY BETTER THEN THESE PAGES LOL SO PLEASE CHECK OUT CHAPTER 7 AND CONTINUE READING FROM THERE ON OUT!! THANK YOU 😂

Emma- you (16 years old)
Dylan - Dylan Hartman (the new kid) (16)
Payton - Payton Moormeier (your best friend) (16)

There will be more characters as we go. But for right now those are the main three.

I'm in algebra right now working on a project with my best friend Payton. I know I can trust Payton with anything, we have been best friends since first grade and tell each other everything.

Anyways I was just chilling with Payton in algebra when the teacher called me down. Payton goes "ooooOOooo" and laughs at me. I playfully slap him on the arm and say "shut up" while laughing too.

"Emma, you have done so well in class and I believe you understand the topic very well. So I am going to excuse you for today and give you another task." She said.

"Ok mrs. Smith (sorry idk what the teachers name should be lol)." I said.

" we have a new student coming to our school and I was wondering if you were willing to show him around and help him for the first two weeks until he gets the hang of it. Is that ok with you?"

"Of course" I said.

I walked outside of the classroom with mrs. Smith to see a boy with blond hair, a white sweatshirt and adidas sweatpants standing there.

"Dylan. This is Emma." Mrs. Smith says and I wave. "she will be showing you around and helping you get the hang of things for a few weeks. Is that alright?"

" sure" Dylan says.

"Im sure you two will get along just fine. Emma, you can start by walking him through his schedule."

"Sure" I say.

We walk down the hallway for a little while and I decide to break the silence.

"Sooo.. can I see your schedule?"

"Sure" he replies.

"Cool, we have science, math and social studies together... So where did you move from?" I ask.

"I moved here from Florida." (Idk where he actually lives lol) he says.

I show him around and we get to know each other pretty well. He's really nice and funny.

We were walking down the hallway when a boy ran right into me and I almost tripped.
Dylan grabbed my waist and kept me from falling.

"S-sorry" I said.

"No it's fine. It's not your fault" he says while laughing.

"Are you ok?" He asks.

"Yeah I guess. Thanks for helping me." I reply.

"No problem."
He lets go of my waist and we walk back to math, talking about random things.

I tell him about Payton and say that they could be really good friends. He takes a seat with me and Payton and Payton looks confused.

"You were gone for twenty minutes and you've already picked up a guy." He smirks and starts laughs.

I see Dylan blush and I'm probably blushing too.

"Shut up Payton. I did not. I was just showing Dylan around because he's new. We're just friends, Chill." I tell Payton.

Time skip bc schools boring

We all hung out the rest of the day as a friend group. Dylan has science, language and math with Payton, so I'm sure they will become very good friends.

We all walked home together from school. (We all live in the same neighborhood) we arrive at Payton's house first bc he lives closer to the school and we say bye. Me and Dylan live farther down so we walk and talk the rest of the way.

It's pretty chilly outside and I get goose bumps and start shaking a little. I guess Dylan notices because he offers me his sweatshirt.

"Are you sure? I don't want you to be cold." I reply.

"Nah I'll be fine, take it."

I take his sweatshirt and it makes me warm. It's soft and smells like him which is nice.
We finally get to my house and I ask if he wants his sweatshirt back.

"No, it's yours now. You look cute in it." He says.

Ok I'm definitely blushing hard now.

I say thanks, hug him and walk into my house.