23

-Emma's POV-
Me and Payton are down stairs eating breakfast. He made pancakes for the both of us.
"Sooo what do you wanna do today." He asks.
"Hmmm lets just stay at home, watch movies and cuddle." I say smiling at him.
"Sound great." He says getting up to put his plate away. I get up and do the same. We walk into the living room and cuddle while trying to find a movie on Netflix.
"How about thi-" Payton starts to say but is interrupted by loud knocking on the door.
"I'll be back." He says getting up and walking towards the door.
I hear him open the door but then something hits the ground making me jump a little.
"Pay are you ok?" I say leaning over the couch to see what happened.
"Get away from her!" I hear someone yell
"Stop"
"Don't you dare hurt her again. You've hurt her enough."
I hear some loud noises and I decided to get up to see if he's ok. I walk into the hallway and see Dylan on top of Payton punching him while Payton try's to hold him back.
"Stop! Both of you!" I yell.
They both stop and look at me.
"What the hell is wrong with you both!?" I yell walking towards them and pulling Dylan off of Payton.
"Seriously again?" I say
"Audrey told me he took you home after the party and I thought he was going to hurt you again so I came here to protect you." Dylan says.
"You think I would hurt her!?" Payton yells
"Well you're pretty good at it." Dylan yells back as he tries to punch Payton again but I hold him back.
"Listen to me Dylan! Payton didn't hurt me. We worked things out, it's ok. Thank you for caring about me and trying to protect me but I've got it." I say giving him a hug.
"What!?" Payton says and I turn around to face him.
"You're protecting him! What about what he did to me!?" He says.
"I agree Dylan shouldn't have done that but he was being a good protective friend Payton, he's right, you have hurt me before, he was just looking out for me. He's my best friend Pay." I say.
Payton looks at me blankly for what feels like forever.
"I can't do this anymore." Payton says quietly.
"What?" I say even though I heard him.
"I can't do this. I can't date you if you keep going back to him. I'll make one mistake and you go back to Dylan. You always defend him and forgive him easily. Your replacing me with him and it breaks my heart. I love you Em but it doesn't seem like you love me. You obviously love Dylan more than you'll ever love me so I have to let you go." The words fall out of his mouth and all I can do is stand their while tears roll down my cheek. I watch him as his eyes get watery and red.
"Do not blame this on Dylan! It's your fault! You keep hurting me and luckily Dylan is there to help me. He has helped me every single time you've hurt me. It's not his fault so do not put this on him. And if you two can't get along then figure something out."
"I can't deal with you right now. Just leave. And don't come back to me." Payton says crossing his arms while tears drip down his jaw.
"After all this Payton. After everything we shared and everything we've been through." I say as my heart shatters into a hundred pieces. Payton covers his face with his hands.
"Em this is so hard for me because I love you so much but you obviously don't love me." Payton says in a Shaky voice.
"Of course I love you Payton! Don't you see that! No matter what I always go back to you! And yes I can't leave Dylan because he is my best friend, you need to except that but that doesn't mean I don't love you. You know what... no. I can't do this, I keep telling you how much I love you and I keep believing in you, I keep thinking that you will stop hurting me but you always do. Maybe we shouldn't be together. Don't talk to me anymore Payton. Your so fucking stupid, no matter how many times I explained that I loved you, you never believed me, you shut me out and broke me. Your fucked up. Leave me alone." I choke out while tears run down my face. I turn around and run out while wiping my tears. I shouldn't be crying, he keeps hurting me but I can't help it. I loved him.
I get home and decide to take a shower to get my mind off of him. But I can't. I lean against the tile and slide down. I sit in the corner crying. Thinking about all of the times we spent together and when he said he would never leave me again. I was so stupid. All of our old fights were not like this one. We always resolved things but I'm not going back to him anymore. We don't belong together. We're over.