Chapter 17

"Love, what's your schedule like next week?"

He whispered as he nuzzled his nose between her breasts, his tongue darting out to lick his way down to her firm stomach.  He could't wait to see it rounded with his baby.  The thought was so out of the blue, he stilled. He looked up and saw Shancai's questioning gaze. 

"What about next week?" She was still wearing a tired but satisfied look from their vigorous lovemaking earlier.  "And you are insatiable.  How can you be ready again?"

He gave her an indignant look. "Are you questioning my virility?"  She grinned widely at him with mirth on her eyes, then shrieked when he suddenly nipped lightly on her waist where she's ticklish.  "No, Ah Si, stop! Don't you dare!"  She was now pulling on his hair, laughing uncontrollably as he placed his other hand on the other side of her waist.

He saw an opportunity and seized it.  "I will stop if you promise to say yes to everything I plan for next week." 

Still laughing as she tried to wiggle away from his teasing fingers, she yelled her assent.  He smiled in triumph as he stopped his tickling assault.  Moving up to lie down on his side, he placed his head on his palm as he gazed down at her, eyes still sparkling from her laughter. 

"Okay, what are these things I will be saying yes to next week?  They better not be unspeakable things that would get us arrested in several states." 

"Well, I can definitely assure you it will be completely legal.  I mean, all the legalities will certainly be taken cared of."  Her brows knitted in confusion as she tried to decipher his words. 

"Out with it.  You are now making me nervous." 

Taking a deep breath, he said without preamble, "I want us to get married next week."

She stilled, then asked.  "Next week? As in the week after this week?" He couldn't help letting out a chuckle at her reaction. 

"Yes, my love. Next week usually follows the current week," he teased.

She suddenly sat up from the bed and poked him in his chest.  "Ugh, stop teasing. Why couldn't you do anything at a normal pace?  First, we got engaged literally the day after we met again.  We started living together a hot second after that.  Now, you want to get married right away?"

"To be honest, at the rate we are going, getting married next week is kind of years in comparison."  He waited for another one of her irritated comebacks, but he quickly sat up in concern when she burst out crying instead.

"Shancai, don't worry if you are not ready yet.  I promise I can wait.  We will get married anytime you want and wherever you want." Scolding himself for being such an impatient ass, he pulled her into his arms.

"No, it's not that." She said as she wrapped her arms tightly around his back.  "Ah Si, I can't wait to marry you. I am just overwhelmed with emotions because it would happen soon.  Knowing you, you probably made the arrangements already."  She pulled away to look at his face and saw his guilty expression.

"Well, I might have asked Mark to make some calls and take care of some logistics, like you know, reserving possible venues.  I figured that the more options we have, the easier for you to make the final decisions."

She gave him a lingering kiss then smiled tenderly.  "I still can't believe how much you have changed.  To be honest, I was expecting you to tell me that all arrangements had been finalized and that all I needed to do was just show up.  Which reminded of a strange dream I had that first night after you gave me the ring."

"About me?"  He was curious since she never mentioned this to him. 

"About our wedding, and it was beyond bizarre."  She looked like she was trying not to laugh.  He was more curious now.  But he was also getting distracted by her naked body, so he took her night shirt that fell on the floor and gently eased her into it. Putting his boxers on, he urged her to continue.