Chapter Two.

Shanaya POV:

My eyes opened and slowly the blurry scenes became clear in my eyesight. I saw Aunty on the end of the bed. She smiled at me and I looked around the room. I was in hospital room, then I remembered. Marriage, disaster, Ami, and finally I fainted. Hussain was there then, where is he now?

"Let's go beta?" Aunty asked softly and helped me sit up. I feel so weak.

"Everyone is waiting in Wedding hall. I am sorry beta, things dint went the way they were supposed to but, tumhari Ami se vaada hai humara. Yeh shadi, this all will turn out good. IN SHAA ALLAH." She said while wr walked out of the hospital. I kept my eyes to floor, I was numb. What do I say? What do I do?

You promised Ami. My inner voice reminded me. Tears in my eyes were dried on my face now. But I was still crying, inside.

•○•○•○•○•○•

"You Okay?" Aunty had asked this now for the millionth time and yet again I nodded. I was currently sitting in Shehryar mom and dad's car. We are heading back to wedding hall. Everyone is waiting there. Marriage still gonna take place, the only change is that groom is Hussain not Shehryar, trust me this change is enough to kill me inside. I sighed as my eyes landed on my hands.

'S' was written on my hand with henna. My hands were colored for Shehryar. This all supposed for him. Why. Why would he do this?! My inner voice screamed and my heart ached for everything I was going through.

Henna had brought a nice color on my skin but it wasn't dark, I heard my friends saying that the colour of henna resembles the love of would be husband. Does this means that Shehryar never loved me enough?

Of course he din't! Or why else would he ran away at the very last moment?! My inner voice snapped at me and tears well up in my eyes.

Everything that is happening is enough to make me go crazy, and now that I have to marry the person who was supposed to be my dewar is just.... unbelievable. If I could I would have said No to all of this. But Ami, I had promised Ami. I am doing this for Ami. Maybe this was my fate, I have to positive about this. Although it doesn't stops the pain my heart is suffering from.

"We are here." Uncle announced and just like that we got of the car.

I was bring up straight, no one met me when I returned to another room. It definitely wasn't the bride room. Aunty had asked for another room to get me ready again. But I was thankful that we dint went to room earlier. The incidents that happened there with ami, are unbearable to even think about.

"Shanaya." I heard Safa whisper as she stood behind me. I turned around and envoloped in a warm hug. Tears fell on there own as my best friend tried to calm me down.

"Ssh...Shanaya shayed yehi kismat me tha. Mat ro please. Sub theek hojaye ga." Safa whispered and I tried to calm down.

"Tu khud hi toh kehti hai Shanaya,  ke jo hota hai ache ke liye hota hai- just...just hope for the best." Her voice cracked and I knew she was on the verge of tears. I slowly pulled back and she blinked away the tears that had made her eyea glassy for a minute.

"I am not going to cry and you will not cry either." She said and wiped my tears away with her hands.

"Hosla rakh jaani." She whispered and I nodded. Just then two women entered the room with make up stuff in there hands. I wasn't mood of it. So I just rejected to apply make up again. They nodded in understanding and left. Safa help me wash my face and fix the kajal and lipstick. After another 5 minutes Anuty came in. She took hold of my right arm and brought me out with Safa on my left side.

I shuddered as my eyes met Hussain. Who was sitting in front of me. The thin curtain separating men and women. Qazi sahab started with nikaah and soon enough it was time to face the questions.

"Hussain Asif wald Asif se Kya ap ko yeh nikah qubool hai?" Qazi sahab asked the question, that took my breath away. I took deep breaths to calm myself. My eyes focused on my hands that were palced on my lap.

You were supposed to marry Shehryar. My inner voice said and tears well up in my eyes again.

Never in a million years I have ever thought I would marry like this. But ia have to. It's a promise I did to my mother. Shehryar had already crushed my heart. But I will do anything give peace to my mother's heart.

"Qubool hai." I whispered with my eyes still on my hands.

Voices erupted and ladies congratulated me and each other.
Kash mein bhi khush ho sakhti. Kash.

"Shanaya Rafiq bint Sadia se kya ap ko yeh nikaah qubool hai?" Qazi sahab asked Hussain. I raised my eyes to see Hussain staring on his hands.

He don't want this Shanaya. He is being forced to marry you. My thoughts rambled in my mind. Suddenly a wave of sympathy for him rise within me. I was thinking about myself but obviously Hussain also never thought to marry me. His eyes raised and met mine. Before he whispered the words that tied us together.

"Qubool hai."

Everyone erupted in laughter and happiness. I looked away when Hussain dint moved his eyes away from mine. This all is just so strange.

Women pull me up and hugged me while the same, Men did with Hussain. Our eyes met for sometimes before but then I was always the one who looked away. Soon I was being walked by women towards the Wedding hall exit door. Ami should be by my side this thought alone brought tears to my eyes again.

Not any stage ceremonies happened and I was thankful that Uncle Anuty did this. I couldn't have sit on stage while people were happy and laughing. Ami was serious and I just couldn't bring myself to even smile.

"Fe Aman ALLAH." Safa whispered as we cried in our last hug. This was my ruksati. Without my mom. I cried harder on Safa's shoulder when I remembered my mother's face on that  hospital bed. I finally let go and she made me sit in the car decorated with flowers. Roses scent was inhaled by me as I sat in the car. Hussain sat beside me and I turned towards the window opposite from him. Safa smiled even though her eyes were red with crying. She waved as the car took off on the main road. I sobbed quietly and felt Hussain's eyes on from my side vision.

The car ride was silent as a mute movie. No sound was made. Hussain stared out of the window and I did the same. I was at loss of words. What should I say? The ride to their house was of 4 hours. We have in car for two hours and still nothing was spoken. Not by me, neither by him.

I was crying silently, but a whimper escaped my lips as the thought of me being with Shehryar instead of Hussain came to my mind. I was literally alone now. I have no one. Ami ki tabiyat itni kheraab hai. Shehryar ne mujhe dhoka de diya. I was alone. And this thoughts made me cry even more. Some more sounds escape my lips as I tried hard to calm myself.

Suddenly a hand slipped on my hand and I shivered at the touch.

"Don't cry, I am here." I heard Hussain whisper. I dint turn my face to look at him but I can feel his eyes on me. While my eyes were fixated on his hand on mine.

And that's when I realized, maybe I am not......alone.

□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□

A/N: ASALAMOALAIKUM!

This was so difficult to write. I hope you got the feelings these characters are going through.

I tried my best to convey their hearts in writing.

Want me to continue?

Vote, comment, comment, Comment!!! Lol :p

ILoveYouAll!!

~Khuvahish...