Part 4 - Time Moves On..

*JAY'S POV*

I awoke with a smile on my face. I looked at the sky to se the sun shining. This was going to be a good day, I could already tell.

I walked into the living room to see Tom was already awake and was playing Fifa...I always lost whenever I played him at it. But then again, I was never really interested in football whereas he was.

"Remember what I told you last night?" I asked him as he paused his game to look at me.

"Jay, you hammered on the front door for twenty minutes and woke me up. I wasn't really listening to anything you said to me..."

"Sorry. I'll go back to the restaurant later and see if I dropped my keys there..." I replied.

"What did you tell me anyway? Anything important?" he joked.

"Emma is coming up here when she's finished work. I said I'd introduce you to her and then I'm taking her out!"

"Aww has little Jay finally got himself a girlfriend?" he teased me. He had always been like that, but we still got on really well with each other. Even if he did annoy me sometimes.

"Slow down Tom, I've only known her a day..."

"Doesn't usually stop you. The amount of girls you've slept with after nights out is stupid!" he laughed and walked out of the room, into the kitchen. I knew he was right. I would go out, get drunk and bring a different girl back here every night. But Emma wasn't the same as all those other girls. She was someone I'd met while I was sober which means I want to get to know her. But I'm still going to get her by the end of month...

*EMMA'S POV*

I couldn't sleep last night. All I could see was Jay's smile, his bright blue eyes and that hair...that hair which looked like a bird's nest on the top of his head. Urgh! Why did he have to be so perfect?

When I opened my eyes, the sun was only just rising but there was just enough to make my eyes sting. And I know I was going to feel the same again tomorrow, especially since Jay was taking me out for dinner. I jumped in the shower because I was already running late - I was supposed to be at work for seven and it was already half six. I threw on a pair of light blue jeans that were ripped at the bottom, I always ended up doing that because they were too long but I didn't really care, I picked a vest top from out the draw and grabbed my purple hoodie from the end of my bed before running downstairs. I pulled the brush through my hair, deciding to leave it down as I rarely wore my hair up, pulled my keys off the hook and picked my phone up off the table next to the front door. And with that I slammed the door behind me and ran down four flights of stairs.

I jumped in my car, putting it into the right gear and pulled away. Probably driving faster than I should have been, but I was late so I didn't care. I've got ten minutes to make a half hour drive, well this could be interesting. The roads with clear, as I expected they would be for that time of the morning. I had a quick glance at the time...I had five minutes. Oh well, looks like I'm going to be late for the third time this week. It wouldn't surprise me if I lost this job as well - although, she wasn't as strict as Lisa, see if I have a quiet word with her, she might understand and not fire me. I mean I really do need this job after losing my other one last night.

I pulled into the car park. Fifteen minutes late...well it's not the latest I've been. I walked into the back entrance, where all employees got in, to see Alison stood there. She didn't look happy.

"Third time this week Emma..."

"Look I'm so sorry. Please don't fire me, I really need this job. I lost my other job last night, then I was worried about my mum and I had a lot on my mind...just please Alison, don't fire me!" I begged her, trying to hide the fact I was about to cry. Okay, so maybe I wasn't worried about my mum but the other two reason were true. She just doesn't need to know that it was Jay on my mind.