Part 5 - The Wanted.

ONE YEAR ON:

*EMMA'S POV*

I couldn't be more proud of Jay. I mean, he followed his dreams and he succeeded. He actually got into the band which was being put together. I went to every audition with him, gave him confidence when he felt low and I encouraged him to do what he wanted to do. It was an amazing feeling. I still remember the day that he told me he was officially part of The Wanted.

"Babe, you'll never guess what?" he asked, running through the front door of my flat. I'd given him his own key by now and he spend most of his time here with me, while Tom stayed living in their flat. Jenni would stay there when she popped down from university.

"Nope, you're right I'll never guess so just tell me..." I giggled at him, as I threw myself down onto the sofa next to him. He wrapped his arm around me, pulling me close to his chest and he kissed the top of my head.

"I got in...I mean I actually got into the band!" he replied excitedly.

"I knew you could do it. I'm so proud of you..."

"And I couldn't have done it without your help and support. You've been nothing but amazing for the past eight months!" he smiled at me. It made me feel like I'd achieved something with my life, made me feel like I was heading in the right direction and it made me proud to know I'd made Jay happy; just by making him follow his dreams.

"Does this mean I can say I'm dating someone famous now?" I joked as I looked into his eyes as he pulled me closer. I could feel his breath on my face now and he carried on smiling at me.

"You know I love you so much!" he chuckled to himself.

"That doesn't answer my question though..."

"Well, when people know who we are that does indeed mean you'll be able to say you have a famous boyfriend!" he laughed back at me before pressing his lips against mine, our lips fitting together like a jigsaw puzzle and they moved perfectly in time with each other. It's moments like this that I don't want to end.

"I love you too and I don't ever want to lose you. You make me the happiest girl alive!" I said once he pulled away from me.

"Don't worry, you're never going to lose me. Even when I'm famous worldwide, you'll still be the only girl for me..."

Those words still rung in my ears; like he had only said them yesterday. I'd hardly seen him since he found out he had secured his place in the band. He had to go to meetings so they could discuss the band name, their first single and what their plans for the future were but if he wasn't doing that then he was going out partying with the other four boys who'd also got into the band. I felt like I was losing the one good thing to happen to me and I knew I couldn't do anything to stop it - I'd encouraged him to grab this opportuinty so now he had it; I couldn't be the one to take it away from him again. I could feel him slowly slipping through my fingers and it was heart breaking. I guess I'm just happy he's finally got what he wanted but everything is going to change now...no more walking the street just going about our daily lives with noone caring about who we were or what we did, no more nights in together on the sofa doing nothing and no more holding hands and kissing since when they get big, people are going to hate me for it. Maybe I should just end it now, I mean it'll save me the heartbreak and pain later in the relationship...right?

*JAY'S POV*

I'm so glad Emma talked me into going for the auditions when she did. She was my rock throughout this whole process, I wouldn't have been able to so it without her. But now I can feel our relationship slowly falling apart at the seams. I don't spend any time with her anymore, I hardly ring or text her and I can't remember the last time I actually told her I loved her. She helped me get this far and how do I repay her...by treating her like she means nothing! Nice one Jay; just throw away one of the best things to ever happen to you.

I love Emma so much but I know things are going to change so much once people actually know who we are. I don't want to lose her but I know I will have to put the band before her sometimes and that's going to kill me. It's also going to kill me knowing we won't be able to hold hands and kiss without having a camera flash in my face, knowing I won't be able to spend anymore nights alone at her flat and knowing whenever we step out of our flat, people will want to know something about us.

Maybe if I end it now, it'll be for the best for both of us. It'll stop both of us getting hurt in the future and more importantly, it'll prevent Emma from being in the public eye aswell. Should I really just throw a whole year of my life away for the sake of my happiness?