VI

"Zayn," Niall waves his hand in front of me, trying to get my attention. I hum, slowly turning my head towards him. "She's here."

Louis was arrested three days ago. Three days of hell for me. But Niall's cousin has just flown in to help us out. I hope she wins the case for us. I let Louis in on the plan and he said he can try acting a bit mental for now. I don't know how well that's working out, or if at all.

"Niall! I missed you! Look at how much you've grown!" Niall stood to greet his cousin, hugging her. I lowered my gaze back down to my coffee, not really wanting to be here.

"You must be Zayn, right?" I looked up at her, shining bright blue eyes like Niall's and brown hair pulled up into a tight bun. She carried herself in a very professional way, from the way she dressed to the way she talked.

"'M Zayn, yeah." I mumbled, shaking her hand that she held out for me. Niall slid into the booth next to me, letting his cousin sit on the other side. Niall went to drape his arm behind me on the back of the booth but I shied away, causing him to draw his arm back with a confused look.

"My name is Kim, I will be your friends lawyer. I've only ever lost one case, you're friend is in good hands." I stared at her, unable to form words until Niall nudged me.

"Boyfriend. He's my boyfriend." I corrected, unable to come up with a better response. I hired a divorce lawyer the same day Louis was arrested. Now I am just waiting on Perrie to sign the paperwork.

Her expression faltered, her eyes squinting in disgust before she put a poker face on. Great, Louis' lawyer is a homophobe. Just what we need.

"Anyways," She almost huffed, "Niall just wanted to have me meet you to assure you that all will be well."

I hummed at her, taking a sip of my coffee. My phone started vibrating against my pocket, startling me so much I choked on the hot liquid. I gained the attention of the two sitting with me and a pat on the back by Niall.

I recovered quickly, pulling my phone out and answering it. I honestly don't care at this point who hears my conversations. It's most likely going to be another argument with Perrie, and Niall has heard almost all of them since I am staying with him right now.

"What Perrie?" I asked, pressing my phone to my ear. I cringed at her whiny voice when she spoke. How the hell did I ever think I loved her?

"Why the hell would you want a divorce? We are perfectly happy right now. I will even look past the fact you tried to run off with a psycho murderer, just come home and forget about the divorce." I clenched my fist around my phone, knuckles surely turning white.

"Louis is not a psycho! And we were not happily married, it was a living hell for me. Honestly, the night I met Louis was the best in my life. He was going to kill me, takeover rid of the hellish life I've been living since I married you. And don't think I'm stupid, I know you've been sleeping with Harry behind my back. I'm not coming back, Perrie." I harshly said into the phone, trying to keep quiet enough so I wouldn't draw more attention to myself.

"You know what? Yeah, I have been shagging Harry." A little part of me deflated, even though I already knew it, it still hurt with her confirmation. "And honestly, I don't care anymore, I'm signing the papers right now. Come get your shit tomorrow." I went to respond but the beep in my ear told me she had already hung up. I pulled the device away from my face and stared at it.

"But it's my house," I muttered pathetically. I know I don't care about her anymore but it still hurts. Tears were dripping from my eyes, crashing onto the table below me. Niall wrapped his arm around me in what was meant to be comforting, but I just shrank away from him. I didn't want to be touched by him. By anyone. Except Louis. I wish be would have killed me when he pulled me into that alley.

"Can we go, Niall? I don't want to be here anymore." He nodded, not knowing I didn't just mean the cafe.

"Are you gonna be okay in the hotel?" Niall asked his cousin. Kim nodded, assuring him she was fine. She said something to him but I was already out the door so I didn't hear. I don't care what she said anyways. I am slowly not caring about everything.

I ended up in the passenger seat of Niall's car, waiting for almost ten minutes for him to come out. Once he did, he apologized profusely. I waved him off, muttering something along the lines of wanting to go back to his place. The car ride was silent, not even the radio was playing.

~~~

"Zayn, man, you gotta eat." Niall knocked on the door of the room I was currently vacating.

"I'm not hungry. Go away." I pushed my other ear bud in, turning my music up louder, drowning out the sound of Niall saying something like 'do it for Louis'. I slumped down in the bed, turning on my side and curling into fetal position.

I was on the verge of suicide before I met Louis. After I met him, life was a little bearable. Now, I'm right back where I started. I needed Louis.

~~~

A/n: hiya. Very short update, but I'm updating again tomorrow. What do you guys think about all of this? Zayn's depression is returning, no baby. I don't like Kim tbh even though she's good. And what about Perrie? Bitch. (I don't have anything against her irl she seems like a nice person.)

I might leave out the whole court thing because I have no clue how that all works out. Or I might try it. I don't know.

Vote/Comment?

Love you all, stay weird. Xxx