VIII.

Sorry about the crappy update. I just wanted to put something up. I might delete this and rewrite it, I don't know.

"Mr. Tomlinson, are you with me?" I broke from my trance, my gaze snapping up to stare at the therapist. I blinked lazily, letting out a puff of air and slouching further into the ugly pea green chair.

"You're going to have to respond sooner or later. The quicker you start opening up, the easier it is to help you." Dr. Whatshername said. I rolled my eyes, letting my head flop carelessly backwards so I was facing the ceiling. There was a big ugly brown stain. Disgusting.

"He wanted me to kill him. How could someone want to be murdered?" I whispered, making the therapist lean forward to hear me. I didn't want to tell her anything but it was my only option.

"What do you mean by 'he wanted to die'? Are you talking about Mr. Malik?" she questioned, her pen poised to scribble more notes if I decided to speak again.

"Zayn," I said his name nostalgically. I just want him. "He begged me to kill him, and I couldn't."

I listened to the scribbling of her pen on the clipboard. It was annoying after a minute or two, but I kept listening to it, unable to say anything more.

"What did you do then?"

"I brought him home. I was going to make him want to live. I didn't want to kill him, he looked like he deserved to live."

"He deserves to have the world."

~~~

Zayn's POV.

I can't stay here. I need to leave. I've been here way to long.

I stuffed the last of my clothes into a suitcase and zipped it shut. I slung my backpack that was full of odd things I couldn't depart from over my shoulder. Dragging the suitcase behind me, I left what was mine and Perrie's bedroom. Not now.

"I want you out now!" she screeched as I passed her sucking faces with Harry. That stung, but whatever. Nobody has ever truly loved me. Not even my own family.

"Don't worry, I'm leaving. You won't see me again." I whispered, but she was already attached to Harry again. I sighed and pushed myself further out of the house. I closed the front door quietly, sighing and leaning my forehead against it. I didn't know this was what my life was going to turn out as.

I pushed myself away from the door and walked down the walkway, my suitcase clicking loudly behind me against the pavement. I continued to walk past Niall's awaiting car, not wanting to be a bother in his home any longer. I heard him get out and call my name but I kept walking. He called my name a few more times, but he seemed to give up after I was a block away.

I kept walking, unsure as to where my feet were taking me because my eyes were trained on them. Which explains why I bumped into a stranger and got cussed at for not paying attention. I rolled my eyes, not caring what the person thought. Almost an hour later, my feet found their way climbing up a familiar staircase, leading to a familiar flat.

I stopped outside of Louis' apartment, staring at the police tape across it in a big 'X'. I had no where else to go. It's not like they are doing anymore investigating, he's already been locked up. I reached up and shakily tore down the tape, wadding it into a ball in my fist. With my other hand I opened the door, glad it was unlocked.

Grabbing my suitcase again, I pulled it behind me into his apartment. Looks like this is my home for a while. After all, Louis did sort of want me to move in.

I dropped all of my stuff against the wall, just inside the door. Only mid-day, I was still too tired to do anything, I toed my shoes off and shuffled to Louis' bedroom. I shut the door behind me, falling into his unmade bed. I struggled to shimmy my jeans off, tossing them on the ground next to me. I pulled the covers up over my head, shoving my face into his pillow. Closing my eyes and breathing in the smell of Louis. I stayed like that for a good half hour, just thinking about him and breathing his scent, before I finally fell into a restless sleep.