Chapter 1

Why the fuck is my life so fucked up! I have a kid who has a dead-beat dad, my mom who won't talk to me because I got knocked and decided to keep it. I work in a shitty ass coffee shop that may be going out of business in a month or two, and if it does, then I won't have enough money to feed my son, pay the bills.

I raise my son Ian in a small apartment, I may not be able to raise him here at this point because money is so tight.

I walked out of my room and to my sons to wake him up. He looks at me and smiles. Hats the thing that gets me through these shitty days. When I had him last year, I didn't know how I was going to do it, I just did.

"Hi baby!" I say, picking him up. "Why are you so happy?"

This is the only day off a week that I have to spend with him. Usually we go grocery shopping when I have enough money.

"You wanna go shopping with me?" He smiled at me and waved his arms around. I still don't know why the fuck they do that, but it's cute as shit.

I put him down by his toys so that I could get ready.

I walk into the bathroom to take a shower. When I get into the shower, it's lukewarm, not to cold, not to hot.

I stand there for 2 minutes before turning it to the hottest it can go. I fucked up my life, I'm never going to fix it. I'm only 21 and I'm already failing.

"I gotta get read." I say getting out of the shower and putting on my towel. I ran to my room to get dressed.

When I got done, I ran to Ian. He was playing with his train.

"Come on, lets get dressed." I stood him up and picked out him out fit.

I got him dressed and went to the kitchen to make breakfast.

I got Ian into his high chair and got him so Cheerios.

When he was done eating, I brought him down and got him into my shitty car to go to the mother of all shit, Walmart.

1 hour later

We lest Walmart with enough food to last us at least a week or 2.

I got into the car and not even 10 seconds later I get a call from Ian's dad, John.

"Shit!" I yell picking up the phone.

Y/n: what the fuck do you want John!?

John: ay, calm down, and don't use that language in front of my son.

Y/n: your son, please, that child is not yours you ass hole.

John: whatever, but hey when can I see him?

Y/n: not until you pass your drip test, if you don't and you come around him, I can get a restraining order put on you so that you can't go near me or him.

At that moment I hung up the phone.

"Ian! You wanna listen to music?" I said, reaching over to get 'And Justice For All' by Maralica.

We pulled into the apartment complex, I got Ian out of the car and headed to the trunk. There was a lot of groceries for one person to carry in one trip.

"Welp, looks like we're going to take to trips." I say picking up a bag.

I heard someone and I turned around to see a boy with a Beenie and his hair swooped to one side. "Um... hi you look like you need help with your groceries, is it okay if I take some to your apartment to help you out?"

"Oh, thank you, sure."

We both took as many bags as we could until they were all gone. We started to walk to my apartment.

"So," I started small talk, "Do you live here?"

"Yeah, I mean, why else would I be here?" He said laughing.

"I don't think that I got your name." I say, as we get into the elevator.

"It's Mikey." He said. Liked the way he said it like Moikey. "Yours?"

"Y/n."

We walked up to my apartment and I got my key out. "Well thank you Mikey, come by anytime you would like on a Saturday, my days off."

"I could help you put away your groceries." He said smiling.

"I'm good, I got some things to do so I'll see you around." I said opening the door.

"Okay." He said putting down the bags and walking away.

'Well that was weird.' I thought.

I closed the door and said, "Well he was kinda cute," I looked down at Ian, he was smiling.
"Don't get any ideas." I told him.