Prologue

The entire floor was a bloody mess when I stepped into my home after coming home from school.

The dead bodies of my parents laid on the floor of the living room. Their blood pooling underneath with bullet wounds to their chests and heads. I froze in horror at what the sight that was laid out before me. As I stood in the doorway, the metallic scent of blood filled my nose. My eyes widened and began to water with tears from both the smell, sight, and for personal reasons.

A loud scream erupted from upstairs and I quickly snapped out of my shock when I recognized who the scream belonged to; my little sister, Sayuri. I ran passed my parents dead bodies and bolted up the stairs. I was certain I was tracking in their blood, but I knew I had to save Sayuri from whatever was happening here. I burst into her bedroom to see a fanged monstrous humanoid figure leaning over her with it's claws buried in her chest. Sayuri's blood poured out of the room and made a puddle of crimson below her. It turned the beige colored carpet below her turn a dark red color.

I let out a scream of terror as the monster pulled it's clawed hand out of her and then turned towards me. I stumbled backwards and fell against the door, causing it to slam shut behind me; I was trapped. Whimpers escaped my mouth as the monstrous being slowly stood up from it's half kneeling position and walk towards me. I tried to scoot along the wall towards of my bedroom windows and escape down the fire escape when the monster lunged. I was able to dodge it slightly, but it's pinky claw did scrape my knee as I fell.

Wincing in pain and dashed towards the window and climbed down the fire escape and out towards the police station. As I ran, my mind kept going back to the scene I had just witnessed and it frightened me. I kept thinking about that monster and what my family must have gone through before getting killed. I also wondered why it would want to kill them at all.  I had decided that once I got to the police station, I would leave out the monster part of what I had seen. After running for a while I finally saw the police station ahead and I ran inside. A young looking policeman came over to me with a worried look plastered on his face.

"What's wrong mi-"

"My family was murdered!"