Chapter Three

For the first time in five years, I feel humiliated. Me? Aspen Grey? Humiliated?! If someone would've told me that I would feel humiliated even in the morning, I would've broken minimum two or three of the person's teeth. But now here I am, being the clown. I understand, people just need an opportunity to show what they actually feel. Not everyone in the hallway is laughing, I can see from the corner of my eyes. If it were any other day, I might have done something to make those fucking laughing morons regret laughing. But today, I really even don't want to talk. Should I walk away? I'm no coward to walk away!! That meathead Harrington is gonna die young.

"Oh, that's hilarious! I thought her a lesbian!" A brunette speaks up opening her fucking junkyard window.

"What made you think that, Chloe?" Immediately a husky masculine voice says that.

I look up and my grey orbs meet with a pair of familiar shocking blue ones.

"Xander, are you defending her?" That Chloe girl asks with a smug face and in an equally smug voice. No wonder, she hates me. Well, I technically don't care. Do I even know her?

"If you want to assume so, you can. But seriously, she doesn't date anyone or hook up with random guys, only because she wants to focus on her studies. She is at least not like those who cheat on their boyfriends."

What is going on? Why is Xander speaking up for me? I clearly remember I fractured his nose a few weeks ago. Then why? Why? OH! I remember now.

I guess, Xander said the last sentence referring to Chloe. I also remember her now. Xander was her ex-boyfriend. He caught her cheating on him with Brent, a fellow band member of their band three weeks ago. God knows what their band's name is! Maybe, he is letting his anger out. NO, MUST BE!

"Whatever you say Xander", she just waves her perfectly manicured hand in the air looking suddenly indifferent of the whole circumstance. Those who were laughing previously, have stopped.

"Now if any of you wants to continue your idiotic laughing business, you shall put it in the tiny brains of yours that I will take step as the Student Body President for humiliating Aspen", Xander says in a rigid voice.

Nearly everyone starts walking to their supposed classroom. Some of them make faces, say horrible things about me like I am now sleeping with Xander. I most hate when people say dirty things about my personal life matters in front of me. But seriously, I haven't dated or let any boy come in my personal space for like five years and did they already forget what I did to Xander ? Though Xander must've done it as the Student Body President or for letting his anger out, I feel thankful of him.

He looks at me and I can see in his eyes.....compassion, sympathy, affection? What the fuck is wrong with with my head?

He says in a mellow tone to me, " Aspen, I am sorry you had to have these on this day."

He knows about today's importance to me?

"I know you don't ever need help. You could've done something even if I hadn't come, but you know, I.."

I don't let him finish and letting go of my ego for a goddamn second, say,"Thank you."

He looks at me and just nods. Then I watch this blonde guy whose nose I fractured two weeks ago and who just stood up for me, walk away. I don't know why, but I feel bad. I was not always an arrogant brat. I just had my issues   and wanted to be someone whose advantage none would dare take. I was spontaneous and flamboyant, not calculative and stoic. But no matter how much we try to change ourselves into someone we are not, even a very small part of our old self stays somewhere in us. I know it would be awkward if I say blatantly "I'm sorry " to Xander as I'm The Aspen Grey, the bad girl who never says sorry to anyone.