Chapter 2 - "I will always be there for you"

Ok, so I decided to also post the second chapter as the first chapter sorta cut off short. So anyway, please fave, comment, follow and tell me what you think. 

Thanks again

~ Akemi5556

.......

Natsu POV

“Sting from Sabertooth has already reached the lake. What will he do now?” it was said over the microphone. I looked over towards the lake and there was Sabertooth.

Shoot! They weren’t kidding!

I looked over to Wendy; she was looking over towards the tower again, tears falling down her now red cheeks.

Wendy…… Don’t worry I’ll get her back! I promised!

Sting POV

I reached for the top of the tower as I felt the brick I was standing on fell from beneath me. I just managed to grab the edge.

That was close!

As I began climbing to the top, I wasn’t thinking about winning, the pride of Sabertooth or even beating Natsu-san, all I could think about was Akemi and how I had to save her.

I reached the top of the tower and heaved myself up. I stood there in front of her. She looked even more beaten up from here.

Akemi…..

“Sting has reached the princess! Sabertooth win and get 10 points! In second we have Natsu of Fairy Tail A, Gajeel from Fairy Tail B running up in third, in fourth Ren from Blue Pegasus, Lyon of Lamia Scale in fifth, sixth we have Beth of Mermaid Heel, in seventh place we have Rocker from Quarto Puppy and Kurohebi from Raven Tail in eighth place” it was said over the microphone.

The chains released themselves from around her wrists and she fell into my arms. I looked down to her beaten up face and all I could think about was the promise I made to her.

……Flashback……

“What will change next? I mean next think you know you guys won’t even be here anymore” she sighed. She looked so hopeless, so alone. I grabbed her hand. I soon realised what I had exactly done.

Shoot! Idiot!

I quickly look away from her. I could feel a red blush appearing on my cheeks. Stop! Stop! Stop! I could only try and hide it.

“I promise that no matter how much things change I will always be there for you” I said to her looking into her forest green eyes. She smiled back at me.

Oh…. How I would miss the smile after today.

……End of Flashback……

“I promise I will always be there for you….. Always…..” I whisper into her ear as carried her towards the nurse’s office.

Natsu POV

The fell to my knees and hit the ground hard with my fist.

I’m sorry Wendy… I’m so sorry…

“Natsu!” Wendy called; she had a wide bright smile on her face and looked as if she couldn’t be happier “Its ok! She’s with a friend!”  She turned towards Sting with her friend, the “Princess”. I got up and ran over to her.