I Get Lost So I Decide to Explore a Tower That Also Happens to be Burning

Percy POV

After some walking around the apartment trying to find something to do, I decided to go out for a walk. Sure, I've never been around here so I shouldn't be walking around on my own but this isn't Japan or anywhere like that. This is England, so most of the people can speak English. It should be fine. Of course, that's what I always tell myself before almost getting killed. Eh. 

Anyways, I decided on taking a walk so I threw my blue hoodie on and headed out.

Almost immediately, I got lost. I told myself that I could always ask my way back to... Oh. I forgot to check what the place is called. Whoops.

I figured that staying in one place didn't do me or my ADHD any good so I started walking again to find some old abandoned building to explore. 

Around half an hour later I came across some old abandoned tower. It was old and looked like it was about to crash down. Sounds fun. I  climbed in from one of the windows. 

I know. Call me an idiot. First I get lost in a completely new place I've never been to before, then I decide to climb into a tower that looks like it's about to crash down. But what did you expect me to do, sit in the apartment and do nothing the whole day when I've got the whole day to myself? Pshhhhhh. Like that'll ever happen. 

The tower was nice, I guess, but it didn't have the creepiness I was hoping for. Just filled with lots of trash and graffiti. 

Just once, I thought I heard somebody's footsteps from the floors above, but that might have been my oversensitive demigod senses - what I like to call my "goddy senses". Guess who I took that from. Hint: cereal and spiders. 10 points if you get it right. 

It was around half an hour later, when the sun was beginning to set. 

My goddy senses when into overdrive. 

Goddy senses are weird. They somehow detect that something dangerous will happen before they even happen.

I immediately went tense. When you're a demigod, you learn to trust your goddy senses. 

I started prowling around, trying to find whatever my goddy senses warned me about. 

Only a few minutes later, I smelled it. 

Burning.