tenth time.

luckily, that night, her parents had to come home late because of work, and ryu had her key in her pocket so jisung could take her in safely. the boy didn't do anything else other than taking off her jacket and placed the poor girl into bed while whispering her the softest "good night".

the next day, he didn't expect her to prop herself up from bed and get to school. they were supposed to have a small quiz on that day, yes, and regardless of being extremely lethargic, ryu always saw forgetting about her health as a panacea.

she could move the test to an another day, like any student would, but except ryu. she would never do that. the others would always say, "ryu wouldn't even dare to go to school again if she gets a eighty five out of a hundred."

---

"RYU? I THOUGHT YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE AT HOME-"

the boy was so overly frustrated he wanted to somersault himself into space.

"you could move the quiz dat-"

"no, i wouldn't do it, asshead. you're just lazy, aren't you? you're late again, for the motherfucking tenth time, han jisung. you know, you don't have to fucking GET YOUR ASS IN MY BUSINESS ALL THE DAMN TIME."

he didn't expect that. his short-tempered self immediately added fuel to the flame.

"you motherf- I HELPED YOU GET HOME YESTERDAY, YOU ASS!"

"I DON'T MOTHERFUCKING CARE! I WOULD STILL MANAGE TO GET HOME!"

"OH, SIS, I BET IT WOULDN'T HAPPEN. RYU, I DO ALL OF THIS BECAUSE I CARE FOR Y-"

"SHUT UP, HAN JISUNG. i'm just ryu after all. THE RYU. i'm known for being alone. i have been slaughtered mentally and shut down away by my friends, just leave my poor mentality this way. don't try to help me, you get nothing in return. go away, you STUPID ASS. you don't- you have no idea how pathetic you are. i'm just a piece of coping mechanism anyway. i take people's problems and hold it in my own. i'm used to it. i don't need much space to "share problems", i'm not that weak. my mission is to be perfect. and it's my only job, if i get help, i wouldn't be perfect myself."

"you know, ryu. you are literally IGNORING THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE MADE YOU WHO YOU ARE TODAY. fine. leave it alone this way. don't bother finding me again. i'm too useless, right? YOU ARE JUST DENYING YOUR IMPERFECTIONS. life can't be handled by an individual."

as the school bell struck, jisung walked fast-paced, back against ryu's angry eyes. he was trying to fight his tears, again.

the boy was trying to hide his emotions. he wanted to leave, but it was too late. she was now everything to him.