Chapter 12 - Mercedes' POV

I saw some jocks walking past me with a slushie. Thank god it wasn't for me. Then I saw them throwing it at Santana and Brittany. I felt sorry for them. They were going through a rough time and this was making it worse. I saw Santana beating Karofsky up at first but soon enough it was the other way around. Poor girls.

************************* 

(3 hours later)

I was about to go home when I felt someone patting my shoulder. I turned around and saw a really happy Sam standing in front of me ''Sam what do you want?'' I smiled. ''I have great news Mercedes! I wanted you to know first'' I had never seen him smiling this big. ''I CAN STAY MERCEDES! I CAN STAY IN LIMA! I'M STAYING AT FINN'S AND KURT'S HOUSE!'' I saw him dying giving me the good news. He bit his lip and he almost jumped up and down. He's such a little kid sometimes. ''Sam that's great! I'm so happy for you!'' I answered with a smile. He told me he was going to tell the others tomorrow in Glee club. He was about to give me a huge hug when my phone vibrated. I saw it was the hospital. Quinn and I became pretty good friends. So me, Santana, Brittany and her parents of course, were the first to get a call when Quinn woke up or .... died. I shook that thought off of me and took the call. 

Phone call:

M: Mercedes Jones.

Hospital worker: Hello It's the Lima Ohio Hospital. We are calling about our patient Quinn Fabray.

M: Yeah Is she okay? 

HW: She woke up this morning. She's doing great. Better then expected. You can probably visit her this noon. Any questions?

M: Thank you! No It's totally clear.

HW: Alright have a nice day bye

M:Bye

End of phone call

Sam looked at me with curious eyes. ''She woke up Sam. SHE WOKE UP!'' I screamed. I called Santana but no one answered. I tried Brittany too but her phone wasn't on. I sighed and asked Sam to go with me to the hospital. He just nodded and we walked to my car. Once we arrived I couldn't wait any longer. I ran into the hospital to her room. I stormed in and saw her laying there. She was asleep. Her parents smiled at me. ''Hello Mercedes.'' They said. ''Hello Mr. and Mrs.Fabray! I got you these.'' I said and gave them the flowers I was holding. They thanked me and asked if I wanted a drink. Sam stormed in at the same moment. I saw he had bought a stuffed bear with 'Get better soon' on it. He put it down next to her bed and stood next to the bed. I did the same. I saw her slowly opening her eyes. She smiled immeadiatly. ''Hi Guys'' She said softly. We greeted her and I grabbed her hand. Her parents gave us some chairs to sit on. We talked about everything and nothing. ''Hey did you guys hear something from San and Britt?'' She asked. I shook my head. I told her about what happened and about their relationship. She had the 'I knew it' look on her face. I laughed. Secretly everyone knew. They were always together. They were always holding pinkies and hugging and laughing about their inside jokes. It wasn't a big surprise at all. I told Quinn the others were coming in a while. She smiled with that and pointed at her glass of water. ''You want some water Quinn?'' She nodded and closed her eyes. She looked exhausted. She was asleep in a minute. Sam and I smiled and stood up. ''We'll be back tonight Quinn'' I whispered and Sam and I walked out. We decided to grab some dinner and come back later. I felt relieved when I left. Quinn is okay. She's going to be okay again...