seven

it was saturday afternoon and scarlett was baking cupcakes with her bestfriend, james.

the majority of the past three weeks had been spent in a bedroom, grayson on top of her or visa versa.

flour was everywhere but they were having too much fun to care.

"babe, you've shrunk and i'm positive." james said with a laugh.

"i haven't, you're just wearing doc martins." she huffed, folding her arms and looking up at him.

he laughed and poked her. "you're still tiny." he teased, patting her head.

she rolled her eyes and scooped a bit of flower into her hand and blowing it into his face causing him to stumble back and cough.

she giggled and tackled him to the floor, gently punching him all over.

he yelped before tickling her sides, causing her to roll onto the floor, laughing.

"you good down there?" a familiar voice said. they both got up quickly, their cheeks flustered from all of the play fighting.

grayson was leant against the fridge, a grin on his face.

"..gray? how did you get in here?" scarlett asked, trying to ignore james drooling over him.

"you left the door open." he said simply.

"james! you forgot to close the door when the pizza arrived didn't you?" scarlett whined, crossing her arms and looking at him.

he blushed and pushed his dark curls out of his eyes. "it smelt good and i couldn't concentrate." he said desperately.

"we could have been rob-"

grayson coughed to get her attention. "i came here to give you this." he said, taking one of her bra's out of his sports jumper pocket. her eyes widened and she threw him and annoyed look. "what the fu-" james started. "you left it at mine last night." grayson said, amused by the two friend's expressions.

james grabbed scarlett's arm. "we need to talk." he said, pulling her into the other room.

"i'll see you around." grayson said with a smirk, walking out of the house and closing the door behind him.

"james i can explain-" she started.

"no, i don't wanna hear it scarlett. how long have you been dating?" he asked, his jaw clenched.

"we aren't dating. and three weeks." she mumbled quietly.

"three fucking we- for fuck sake scarlett, i'm meant to be your best friend! how could you keep this from me?" he asked, his voice surprisingly calm.

she probably would have preferred it if he yelled. the disappointment in his voice was agonising.

"i-i'm sorry okay? i didn't know how to tell you that i was fucking grayson dolan." she said quietly, tears welling up in her eyes.

"you know what? forget it. i'll see you at school on monday." he said, taking off his apron and throwing it at her feet.

"james please just listen to me." she said desperately as he walked out of the door.

"i've already heard enough." he said, closing the door behind him.

"for fuck sake." she mumbled, taking out her phone from her pocket and immediately calling grayson.

"miss me?" his voice said as soon as he picked up the phone.

"w-why the fuck did you do that?" she asked shakily, before breaking down into tears.

"do what?" he asked, innocently.

"fuck you. i don't want to see you ever again." she cried before hanging up the phone.

a/n
holy shit i thought that i was gonna make this a cute chapter where they bake together but nEvErMiNd