Chapter 4

Sheri

"Bang, bang" I jolted out of my peaceful summer as I heard a loud sound. Shaking, confused, and out of breath I realized it was just the noise from the construction happening across the street.

"Oh my gosh, that almost gave me a heart attack." I said to my self as I struggled to sit up in my bed. At times it can be scary to live alone when sound like that pop up outta nowhere. Times like this I wish I had a man to hold me and make me feel safe but we all know that is wishful thinking.

I looked at the clock and realized what time it was. It was 10:30 in the morning and I completely forgot I was supposed to meet the girls at Templeton's for brunch in an hour. 

"Oh Shit!" I yelled  as I struggled to jump out of bed and run into the restroom. As soon as I stood up completely  and began to put one foot in front of the other a wave of dizziness came over me. Looking to grab onto something quickly before I feel, I leaned against the dresser to gather myself. I do recall going out last night but I do not remember having a lot to drink. But I do remember......

"Mr.Chocolate" I said to myself while I starred off at nothing but the ceiling.

"Get together girl, that man ain't thinking about your ass." I said to myself as I began to make my way to the bathroom to shower. Sometimes, more ofter than not I talk to myself because it seems that myself is the only person who understands me so........don't judge.

After my shower I quickly got dressed in one of my favorite Maxi dresses and head scarves, grabbed my purse and headed out the door. I hopped in my 2001 Nissan Altima began to crank it up and low and behold it didn't want to start.

"Oh come on not today Georgia." "Please not today" I pleaded with my car as I tried to start the car once more. I call her Georgia because just like the weather in Georgia she is somewhat Bipolar. One day she wants to crank and on other days she doesn't want to cooperate.

Trying it once more Georgia finally decided she want to crank today. 

"Oh thank GOD." 

I said to myself as I started on my way to Templeton's. Lord knows I can't afford to buy a new car at the moment. I just got caught up on my rent so lord know I don't need the added stress. Although I do need a new job, working two jobs as a waitress just isn't cutting it for me anymore.

"Hey Z!" I yelled once I found they table her and Nicole was sitting at in Templeton's. I know I was just with her last night but everytime we meet up I'm just so happy to see her because we have so much fun together. 

"Sorry I'm late girl, I was laying in the bed and lost track of time." I said taking a seat at the table.

"It's cool hun, I know how it is sometimes." "You not gonna speak to Nikki?"

"Who?" I said confused as I did not know who this Nikki was that she was referring to.

"Nicole girl, you know who I meant so quite playing." Z said sipping on her Mimosa

Rolling my eyes I turned to my left and mustard up the strength to speak to this girl. I saw her when I sat down but decided not to say anything to her. It is just something about this girl's spirit that does not sit right with me. Again......why did Z invite her!?"

"Good evening Nicole, how are you today?" I said attempting to mustard up as much fakeness as I could. My motto is, if you give fake you get fake and that's exactly what she is gonna get from me.

"I fine thank you for asking." Nicole said in the fakes tone she possibly could.

"Anyways..... how was your nigh last night?" " I know I left before you but some things came up." I said while taking a big sip of my sweet tea that was brought to the table by the waitress. I felt like I needed something a little stronger but my head is still swimming a little from just a few hours ago.