Burnt Muffins & Bad Choices

lol wrote this in 2020, might update

"YO SANIC!!! WHERE'S THE OVEN MITT?!" Silver runs around the kitchen to get to the oven before the couple of muffins they made burn.

"Over there, on the counter." Sonic scoffs nonchalantly and points at the glove, with his feet up on the coffee table, leaning back some.

"DANG IT, SONIC! GET UP OFF YOUR LAZY TAIL AND HELP ME OUT FOR A CHANGE!!" Silver shouts and makes Sonic jump a little before he groans and stretches out.

"Fine, but only because you asked so nicely." Sonic sarcastically quips before rolling his eyes. "Why are you making muffins anyway?"

"Did you listen at all? Amy and Blaze are coming back from their girls vacation in one hour and Blaze is going to kill me if we don't get these done in time!" Silver takes out the burnt muffins.

"What are we making these for anyways?" Sonic asks and Silver groans.

"Seriously, do you ever listen? We need to make them for the bake sale that we all have to pitch in for. Amy and Blaze already made their fair share of muffins and they are just waiting for us at this point to make ours because I promised Blaze that I would make the other half so it wouldn't be just them making one hundred muffins alone!"

"Well, why don't we use one of Tails's inventions he made before he went his way to the smart college?" Sonic asks and speeds to his room area.

"What invention?" Silver asks and looks to see Sonic now holding a big bag.

"This." Sonic takes a little dial out of a bag of things and smirks as he goes to connect it to the oven. Tails has been working on some new baking technology to start a business and decided now, when the muffins are being cooked for the bake sale, that he would start it.

"Sonic, was that tested?"

"I mean, I think so. I don't think Tails would just send a prototype or something to me without testing it... or would he? Well, let's test it out and see anyways!"

"SONIC NO—"

The oven explodes and the whole kitchen air bursts into flames! Now, what they should've done was look around the kitchen for the fire extinguisher that is right in the closet or maybe use the water from the sink, but what would be the logic in that? Sonic starts blowing on the fire and Silver starts fanning it with a towel.

"WHY WOULD TAILS SEND THIS WITH ME?!"

"IT WASN'T HIS FAULT, ON THE THING IT SAID IT WAS A PROTOTYPE AND TO NOT CONNECT IT TO SOMETHING METAL!!! Wait... what was the thing supposed to do anyways?"

"He said it was supposed to make something go faster, and I was thinking like 'oh, this would be so useful in this situation!' So I grab it and stick it to the thing."

"Nice logic, Sanic. Now we're stuck in a bad situation. Blaze is going to kill both of us! I'm more worried about me, but you too."

"Gee thanks, Silver."

"But seriously, Blaze is going to beat the living daylights out of the both of us. We're going to be the campfire for the night!!How are we supposed to get ourselves out of this one?" Silver shakes his head as he looks around at the mess they both made. There is muffin batter splattered across all of the walls of their small living space. Metal pots and pans are scattered all along the floor and there isn't a hint of anything that looks like it's in tact, including the muffins they should've had made already at this point and time into the day. Sonic sighs and sits down on the couch. The couch falls apart and he falls onto his butt and sighs even louder as he goes to sit on the coffee table, which randomly explodes into a bunch of pieces.

"GAHH WHAT THE HECK?!" He yells, angered and confused.

"Okay let's not panic... we have time before they get—" Silver starts before he hears the doorknob click.

"Oh brother..."