Chapter 3

Day 67

Emily has always considered herself as some sort of prophet. She could tell what could happen if she remembers her dreams well enough or she can tell if something's off about the villagers in town. I guess that's one of the perks of living in a small village and working in the saloon. Shane was just trying to out-drink his misery, Sam and Abigail just want to have a good time as do Demetrius and Robin, Sebastian doesn't really order any drinks and just come for the fun of defeating poor Sam on the pool table, Leah just likes the salad, and Mayor Lewis and Marnie... They're complicated. She's able to distinct everyone's feelings as people are more open and bolder when they're drunk. But things become harder to understand ever since that new farmer came.

It's been about over two months and she's been noticing slight changes. It started with a simple conversation with Mayor Lewis.

"Have you met the new farmer?"

"No, I didn't know there was one."

"They'll be taking over the old family farm, Morality farm. I'd thought working here at the saloon would have you keeping an ear to the ground."

Emily smiled. "Even if I do, I have Hailey to do that for me."

Mayor Lewis laughed. "Yes, you're probably right. Although I'm a little concerned for them."

"How come? Is it the fact that they're taking over the farm?"

"No, not really anyway. When I went to greet them, they so looked pale. That poor thing either looked like they were sick or they just saw a ghost. Their legs were buckled like they were ready to make a run for it."

"Poor thing. Must be an introvert."

"Well, that's what happens when you've sold your soul to a supermarket makes you sell your souls to the devil."

Emily vividly remembers rolling her eyes. "I'm sure it's not all bad."

"Not all bad." Lewis scoffs "Whenever her Granpa came all those years ago, He looked the same. If you don't believe me, go visit her yourself."

And she would've if her schedule wasn't so busy. Luckily, Angel was able to come during one of her shifts about two weeks later. They looked scared and ready to run, just as Lewis said.

"Hey, you must be that new farmer I've been hearing about."

Angel flinched, not expecting anyone to talk to them as soon as they walked through the door. "Ah, yeah, that's me."

"You've been here for, what, two weeks and haven't been to the saloon?"

"Well, um, I've been here before, but only, uh, a couple of times in the morning when I don't feel like, erm, like making breakfast."

"Yeah, Gus said something about that. You're the only person who'll come here in the morning." She nods and walks over to one of the bar stools. "So what can I get you tonight? We've got pizza, spaghetti, beer, bread, salad..."

"Do you have wine?" Emily remembered a slight knot in her stomach, but she sucked it up and said no."Could I get a beer then, please? I just sorta came here to...uh, relieve some of my, uh stress."

"Not exactly getting a grip on the farm life, huh?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah, no. It's fine. More labor-intensive than I originally thought, but, I don't know what I was, uh, thinking when I came here. It's also a couple of, um, o-other things. Um, b-but none of them are too, uh, important, I guess."