A Dream, Or Not A Dream?

"Amy." a familiar voice coaxed me awake. My eyes fluttered open to see my Dad smiling down at me. "Hey honey." he smiled sweetly. "Goodmorning." he whispered.

"Dad?" I stared ahead of him, but all he did was keep smiling.

"Luca slept next to you all night. I'm so glad you begged me to get him for you when you were younger. You chose the perfect dog." he said, petting Luca gently. Damien walked into my room, his face was still beaten up.

"Hey Amy." he greeted me hesitantly. This must be a dream. My Dad couldn't be alive.

"But, you're dead...?" Dad looked at me like I was crazy.

"Umm...I'm pretty sure I'm not dead." he chuckled softly. I poked his arm to make sure he was real so I knew I wasn't halucinating and he laughed. "What had gotten into you?" he smiled big, and his bright white teeth shined.

"I dunno..." I mumbled. What was wrong with me? This couldn't be happening. I was just in the forest with Luca, not at home. I wanted this to all be a dream but at the same time I didn't. Might as well go with the flow for now, dream or not.

"Hey Dad, can I talk to Damien for a minute?" I asked.

"Sure." he said getting up and leaving the room. I got off of my bed and circled Damien.

"What happened to your face?" I asked, still circling him. Damein flinched at my question, and eyes flooded with sadness.

"Some kids beat me up at school." he said with a shaky voice.

"I didn't do it?" I asked curiously.

"No." Damien said quitely. I glared at him. If this were real, wouldn't his face be beaten up because of me? Why did he keep flinching away from me. Maybe he was afraid to admit that I beat his face in for talking the way he did about my Dad.

"Fine." I snapped. "You better not be lying." I glared at Damien and he shrunk back from me. What am I doing? Why am I being so mean...? My head flooded with craziness. What has gotten into me? I left the room, walking down the hallway of our house to get to the living room. I noticed my stepmom sitting on the couch watching TV, but my Dad was nowhere to be found. Where was he? I scanned the room again but didn't find him. Looking in every room of the house, I realized that he must have left to go do something. I ran back to the livingroom. "Hey Kelly, where's Dad?" I asked. Kelly looked back at me and responded,

"He just left for work." she said softy. "Why?" my eyes got huge and fear consumed me. Dad was in danger! I sped out the front door and ran down the street. He didn't work very far away so he walked to work instead of driving. I knew I had a chance of catching up to him so I had to try. Rounding the corner, I saw him ahead of me crossing the street.

"Dad!" I yelled. He looked back curiously and saw me beckoning him over. He must have mistaked me for waving goodbye because he waved back and continued to cross. I ran to him as fast as I could while he was still crossing the street. "Dad, wait!" I yelled again. He stopped and turned aroundd to face me. "Come back! Please!" my eyes poured out tears and he noticed me crying. He began jogging back to me, but the terriblest thing happened. A car sped out of control, swerving on the road heading right for him. "Dad!" I screamed. The car smashed into him accidentaly and sped off afterwards. I ran over to him and sat beside him.

"Dad." my eyes drowned in tears as I bent down and hugged his lifeless body. "Come on Dad, wake up." I cried. The light had gone from his eyes, and he stared at the sky above him. "Get up!" I shook him, but there was no response. I held onto him again. "Daddy please...wake up." My tears dropped onto his nice work shirt and soaked it. Bending down, I kissed his forehead, then closed his eyelids over his eyes. I lied down beside him in the empty road and held him tighty. "Don't worry Daddy, I'll wait until you wake up. I'm here." I sniffed.

Readers! I promise my story will get better! I know this chapter is kind of sad, but keep reading and you'll see what I mean by how it'll get better! Just something I thought you should know! Vote, Comment, Message! I'd love to hear anyone's input on my story! :)