Chapter 11: the quest

***atlanta's POV****

When Leo and I broke apart I heard screaming from outside.

"Oh my gods, Rachel!"

"That's disgusting!"

"It's so green!" I heard a little kid voice yell. "Pretty!!!"

I looked at Leo who had another wild look in his eyes, but this time it wasn't happy.

"Who's Rachel?" I asked

"You havn't met her?"

"No."

Leo looked at me sadly. "She's the oracle."

We ran outside.

***

Everyone circled around Rachel, Annabeth was crying into Percy's shoulder

Rachel began the prophecy.

Her eyes were green, matching the grotesque mist spouting out of her mouth. "The--"

"HOLD UP!" Yelled a manly voice. A hot, tan man appeared. With him, I could obviously tell he was a god, not only see it, I could sense it.

"Apollo." I heard percy say.

"I'm getting so FRICKLE FRACKING TIRED of these prophecies!" Yelled Apollo. Does he know what frickle frack really is? I decided not to tell him.

The green left from Rachel's eyes and she looked confused. "What the-"

"You." Apollo interrupted pointing at Nico.

"You." He pointed at Leo.

"And you." He said pointing at me. "Your going to New Jersey to kill the jersey devil in some corn maze in Galloway." And with that he disappeared.

+++

"That was . . . Bizarre," said Percy as I packed my bag.

"And the Jersey Devil isn't even in Greek mythology," said Annabeth. "There's no way . . ." Her voice trailed off.

"Well we have to defeat it," I said as I slid my backpack onto my shoulders. "And I'm going back to my home state."

Percy looked at me confused, "your from New Jersey?"

I rolled my eyes and gave Percy a punch on the arm. "Hell yeah I am." I said but then frowned when I remembered Atlantic city . . .

+++

I walked towards the gate of camp. Leo and Nico were already there with their backpacks ready to leave. We exchanged hugs with everyone and Piper and percy held on slightly longer than the rest. I was about to walk out when Nico spoke up.

"Before we go on a dangerous quest," he said nervously. "I need to talk to you."

Leo took a step.

"Alone." Nico hissed.

+++

***Nicos POV***

We sat on a bench over looking the lake.

"There's something I need to tell you," I said.

"Okay." Atlanta's kind eyes looked into mine.

"Well, show you." I said.

I knew she was with leo, they were officially together now, but I didn't care, nothing else mattered right there and then.

I kissed her.