♥Chapter One♥

The second bell rings for the day and I stand up to leave. "Have a good rest of the day" Caspar calls out as I leave the classroom. I don't say anything because he was starting to get on my nerves. As I walk out I bump into a boy and almost mow him into the ground. "I'm so sorry" I say nervously. He looks up at me with his gorgeous hazel eyes and picks up his books that have fallen. "You're okay. No worries" he says. He stands up and is towering me. OMG his beautiful chiseled features and his oh so beautiful brown wavy hair. He looks like a dream come true. He starts to give me weird looks, "Well see ya around" then he hurries down the hallway not looking back at me. I knew I shouldn't have worn this damn outfit. It probably made me look fat. Well too late now. I tighten my straps on my backpack and walk briskly towards Chemistry. When I arrive into the classroom someone else is sitting in my seat. The bell rings and I'm still standing when Mr.Mercury walks in. Mr.Mercury looks at me "Brooklyn you can go sit down next to Danny" Mr.Mercury says aloud making me blush. I look up to see where Mr.Mercury is pointing and OMG!!!! ITS THE SAME BOY FROM THE HALLWAY! I had no idea he was even in this class. He stares at me as I walk to the desk next to him. "Hey. I didn't know you were in this class" he says. I fall into the seat and slump. "I didnt know YOU were in this class" I say and he smiles at me. Oh gosh. That smile is gorgeous. His teeth are perfectly straight and bright white. Brooklyn keep it together right now. I wipe sweat off of my head and throw my backpack over my chair. "PROJECT TIME!" Mr.Mercury says. "Oh great" I mutter and Danny chuckles. "I'll hand out the instructions in a bit, but first you need to pick your partners.". Danny pats my leg and screams "SHE'S MINE!". I hear someone behind me say "shit" and hear their footsteps walk to the back of the class. "I'm sure you have people who wanted to be partners who know you better than I do, but I think you'll be a great partner" Danny says scooting his desk closer to mine. I blush, not sure what to say to him. "Yeah" I mumble as I move my hair out of my face to peek at him. OMG he's looking at me with those gorgeous eyes of his. He's so frickin beautiful. His tan skin goes great with that tight black polo he has on and- my thoughts are interrupted when Mr.Mercury begins talking. "I need someone to read the instructions for the class. I would greatly appreciate it". No one raises their hand. "We'll start with Danny and end with the back of the class" Mr.Mercury nods at Danny, a hint to begin reading the instructions he just passed to him. "You and your partner will be making a powerpoint discussing the periodic table and the scientists who were involved with the making of the periodic table. Include Aristotle's thoughts behind the atoms and their elements (yes it is mandatory)" Danny ends the sentence with a deep sigh and I see him rub the bottom of his jaw. "Brooklyn, you're next". Danny hands me the instructions and chuckles. "You will also mention the scientists involved with updating the periodic table-" holy shit did my voice just crack. I look up expectantly at Mr.Mercury and he nods for me to continue. "After making your powerpoint you will construct a poster with the periodic table on it, so don't put the table on your powerpoint because you will receive zero credit for it" I breath a sigh of relief when I'm done. I hand the paper to the person behind me and cross my arms. "You read well. Dont worry about that too much" Danny tells me. I smile at him and he scoots his desk a little bit closer to mine causing goosebumps on my skin to form.

After everyones done with reading Mr.Mercury hands us posters, glue, marker and scissors. "If anyone needs to look up the periodic table, use the IPads behind the lab tables in the back of the class. And if you print a picture of the periodic you WILL NOT get credit, so keep that in mind before you do half-ass work" Mr Mercury says with a hint of anger in his voice. I smile. I knew Mr.Mercury wasnt going to allow that. I turn my attention back to Danny. "Since I'm such a great artist I can draw the periodic table and you can color them in" Danny says. I hope he isn't conceited about drawing. "Alright. I think I'll come back here with the IPads so that I can take some notes" I pull my binder out of my bag and put it on my desk. My friend, Andrea, is sitting on the table typing something. "Hey 'Drea" I wave and find an iPad with a pink case. Andrea frowns at me "You're little friend took you from me..." . I dont know what to say. "Ooh" I murmur before opening up the lock screen. "You're still that awkward person. So that's good that you didnt change your personality for him". I roll my eyes. Andrea can be a bitch at times and I don't want to say anything. So forget her. I walk back to my desk and sit down. Aww Danny looks adorable drawing. He's biting his lips and a piece of his brown hair is sitting on his forehead. Oh my goodness and his back is arched in a way I cannot even explain. He stops his drawing to look at me. "You okay over there Brooklyn? You're just staring at me" he says. "Oh sorry. I was looking at your drawing". I roll my eyes because I sound like a frickin idiot. "Does this look okay to you?" He asks me as he picks up his paper to show me. His periodic table looks like a work of art. He even erased the stray marks, which boys usually leave on a project for the girl to erase, and it's nicely boxed in. "It looks great, Danny" I tell him and I smile. He chuckles and slides the paper towards me. "You should color and I'll let you work on the notes later" he says. He takes some colored pencils and markers out of his backpack and hands them to me. " I haven't even opened them yet" he laughs. "Thanks". Why the hell did I just thank him for not using the colors? Ugh I'm so weird. Why can't I be normal for once? I pull a purple out of the marker box and begin outlining a square. "So are you doing anything for Halloween?" He asks me. "Uh not really. I'm going to be Belle" I say. He chuckles "The princess Belle?". Was there a problem being a princess. I'll change my costume idea just for him. "Yeah" I say hesitantly. "You'll look good. You'll be a great princess". OMG he is looking at me. Wait hold up... Hold up. Did he just wink at me?!? Da-fudge! He just winked at me. "Thanks. What are you going to be?" I reply. "I'm going to be Danny Phantom" he says. I get it. Haha very clever. I certainly miss that show though. "That's cool. That's real cool" I say. "Yep" then he leans in and I can smell his.. Is that Abercrombie Fierce I smell!? Wow he smells like a god too! He notices me sniffing. "I'll wear this tomorrow too" he says.