Chapter 24- Back

Xander's pov

We've been driving for 3 hours now and it felt like a life time. I needed to save her.

My poor darling.

" we should be there in 20 minutes according to this thing" said Christopher.

The car ride was silent Both of us focused on the road. Several cars of my gang members distant behind us for back up.

We pulled into a dark toad. Following it, we finally approached the house.

" how do you suppose we go about this then?" Christopher questioned.

I tried to find an explanation how to go about it but nothing seemed to pop into my head. yanking the seat belt off I got out the car.

" we can't just go in there! Are you mad? He'll have guards everywhere." Chris protested.

" we have the gang with us. There's no time to sit and plan Chris. I need her back safe and I need her now." I ordered.

Chris nodded in agreement.

We made our way up the drive. To see no guards out front.

" strange.. where is his guards?" Chris asked warily.

I looked around the estate. Looking for anything out of place.

" I'm not sure brother, maybe he thinks no one would find him here."

We climbed the fence, making our way to the front door.

Clara will be terrified. I need to hold her in my arms, know she's safe.

The house was quiet, only the distant noise of a television was heard from the back rooms.

" you go downstairs and I'll check up. Got it ?" I ordered.

" you too" I ordered to the men, who nodded in response.

" you're going alone?" Christopher said protesting my actions.

" yes, now go" with that I made my way up the staircase.

I checked every door, my gun in hand ready for anything that was lurking behind it.

It wasn't until my eyes fell upon a girl. Her hair sprawled messily across the sheets. Her cheeks red and glossy.

My dear Clara.

"Fuck" I rushed to the bed, touching her face so gently as if she was to break.

" Baby, I'm here. I'm so sorry Clara." I babbled. My heart aching at the sight of her.

Her eyes shot open in fear before realisation hit that it was me.

" Xander?" She spoke. Her voice coming out in a whisper before her lip quivered.

" it's me angel, I'm here. Fuck I'm so sorry." I said, tucking a stand of hair behind her ear.

Her big eyes watched me in disbelief. " you're here, you found me" she said, suddenly wrapping her arms around me.

I returned the hug, pulling her small frame tighter into mine.

Her dress was torn and in pieces on the floor. Only the sheets draped around her petite frame.

A low growl escaped me " Did he hurt you ?" I asked, pulling away and searching her face.

Her lip quivered as her eyes met with the floor.

" he.. he touched me but he didn't go that far" she sobbed.

That bastard. My jaw clenched as I tried to subside my anger, not wanting to frighten her.