Chapter 37- I love you

Hi lovelies !
Hope you're all well, sorry to keep ya waiting ❤️

Clara's pov

" here you go" Abi said quietly, pushing the glass of water over the counter. 

" thank you " I muttered, taking it to my lips. I chewed on my bottom lip nervously, staring into nothing. Xander had been gone for the rest of the previous night. It now being 7:35am.

" you don't have to worry you know" she reassured, my gaze turning to her as she smiled softly.

" I'm scared he'll hate me forever" I sighed.

" he won't. Xander cares for you a lot, that's why he's mad in the first place. He's just a little angry at the moment, but it will fade" Abi said.

I nodded at her statement, hoping she was right. I couldn't live with him hating me.

" Clara?" She said, coming over to sit closer to me. " yeah?" I replied, turning to her.

" see if I told you someone, promise you'll try and see my side of things" Abi spoke, her voice trembling slightly.

" is everything okay?" I asked, Bowing my head down to meet her eyes.

" okay, I didn't want to Clara. He made me or he said he'd kill my boyfriend. Obviously I would never want anything to happen to you or my brother but I didn't want Elijah to take him." Abi stuttered.

" Woah, what do you mean? Elijah threatened you to do what ?" I said, placing my hand on hers.

She shook her head, her eyes shutting tightly" he made me un cuff him, and open the gates. I'm so so sorry Clara, I just didn't know what to do. He said he'd kill me if I told" my eyes widened in horror at her words, pulling her into a tight hug as she shook.

" it's okay, I understand. I'm not mad at you Abi. You were only trying to protect someone you love" I said, rubbing her back.

" Is that true?" Xander's voice boomed through the kitchen. We both spun round shocked, Abi jumping up from her seat.

" I'm sorry Xander, I didn't know what to do. " she cried.

" you're telling me that you put Clara's life in danger for a pathetic boyfriend you've dated for a few days? You know how important Clara is to me, how important she is to Nate. You could have came and told me, I would protect you with my fucking life you idiot! Yet you've put us all in danger letting him escape." He yelled, scowling at her.

" she.. she didn't mean it Xander, she was only trying to protect someone she loved. Y.. you'd do the same " I stated, my eyes glued to my lap, afraid to meet his intense stare.

He scoffed " you're one to talk, you shouldn't have been down there in the first place. Yet you seem to want to put yourself in danger. Some part of me still thinks you could be idiotic to still love him" he growled, causing tears to pool around my eyes.

" Xander, that's too far" Abi spoke.

" go upstairs, better yet go to that little boyfriend you care about so much" he said, as she rushed by him.

Xander stood in silence, as I felt him staring at me. " look Clara, I'm sorry if I upset you. I'm just pissed off" he said, approaching me.

I nodded, looking up at him. " I get it. I didn't mean to go down Xander. I don't know what possessed me to do so, but I don't love him. I would never love that monster again. I'm sorry I worried you, but please don't put it all on Abi. She would have been scared, he threatened her." I pleaded.

Xander nodded, pulling me into his firm chest and leaving a kiss to my forehead. 

" shhh my love, please don't cry" He said softly.

Xander held me until my sobbing subsided, my arms wrapping around his torso.  I titled my head up, locking eyes with him.

His eyes held so much emotion. Someone so intimidating, yet when it came to me it all seemed to disappear.

It made me feel like I had knew him forever, a gaze that nobody would forget.

" yes?" He spoke deeply.

Was I going to say it? What if he didn't feel that same. Before I could change my mind. I blurted the three words I never thought I'd say to him.

" I love you " I said slowly. Xander looked shocked at my words, taking a few moments for it to sink in.

" Clara?" He said, pulling back from me a little.
Fuck.

" I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel awkwa-"

" I love you too, angel" he smiled, pulling me into a kiss. His words melted into my heart, as he wrapped his arms around me tightly.

________________________