ColeXReader: Demonic (First Pov)

Thank you Caramel417 for being the first to give me a request! Enjoy!!

***********

Cole's been acting weird, ever since October started. He pushed us away, he avoided us, he trained when everyone slept. Sometimes, he would leave and not return until midnight, covered in blood and cuts.

I sighed silently and crossed my arms, leaning against the doorway as Cole fiddled with a coffee machine. He was tense, rigid even. His breath was ragged. His body was shaking.

"Do you know what time it is?" I asked after having stayed quiet since he arrived. It was well past midnight.

He jolted, slowly turning around to look at me over his shoulder.

"......y/n...." He mumbled. "Why are you up?"

"Why are you pushing us away?" I retorted.

He didn't answer. Instead, a heavy swallow bobbed his throat and he turned the rest of the way towards me. A small sting pricked my heart at his pathetic state. This wasn't like him. Instead of the confident, sweet, strong guy I had grown to know....and love, I saw a fearful, hesitant man.

"That's none of your business."

I sigh, closing my eyes to hide the hurt. Stepping into the kitchen, he went even more rigid as I made my way towards him.

"Y/N stay away from me!" He said, backing into the counter.

I continued towards him until I stood right in front of him. He was shaking, avoiding my eyes. I reached out my hand. He flinched as if I was going to slap him. I turned on the coffee maker and turned on my heel.

"Wh-Where are you going?" He blurted.

With my hand on the corner of the entryway, I looked back towards him, only to turn away and continue down towards my room.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I stood in the kitchen, the coffee machine whirring behind me as I stared after where Y/N had disappeared. I growled a deep, inhuman sound and racked my fingers through my hair.

She wouldn't understand, and she never would have to. She could never find out, if she did, it would push her away, more than I already am. She would hate me, and the only looks I would get from her would be ones of disgust.

'I'll never let that happen.' A part of my brain snarled.

I groaned and leaned against the counter. I took the cup from underneath the now leaking coffee flow and took a swig, ignoring the burn.

Just until the end of this month, then I can beg for her to forgive me and to give me another chance. I'll do whatever I can to make her forgive me.

Man, I sound like a heartbroken idiot.

Groaning, I stepped towards the window, staring at the moon. Tomorrow night would be the full moon.

And I would need a meal.

************

The next day was a blur, the only thing I remember about it was the many stares Cole sent my way.

I shivered at the memory. His eyes were different. They were such a dark brown they seemed black, staring at me from the distance with hunger and lust. Goosebumps rose on my arms just from his stare and I would have to leave the room because he was so intense.

The sun lowered over the horizon, painting the ground red. Cole was rigid, his fists so tight their knuckles turned white as they shook. His teeth ground together as he watched the sun lower itself further past the mountains, almost glaring at it.