Chapter 2. Vanished

Stars are shining brightly in the clear night sky. Some cats surrounded me, joining me to watch the clear night sky. I was thinking about what Sideswipe had told me, I don't why it angered me so much, I was the last person to judge his lifestyle. Maybe I am jealous, maybe because Sideswipe and Sunstreaker are my closest friends and I didn' t want people to take them from me. I was sure Sideswipe told his brother about what I told Sideswipe, for sure Sunstreaker was gonna ask about it.

I shook my hand and wrapped my arm around my stomach as it rumbled fiercely. It hurt, a lot to be honest. I slid off the hood of a broken car and crawled in my little hideout I created, drifting in a restless slumber.
The next morning, I woke up with the feeling I have to throw over. quickly, I crawled out of my hideout, throwing over. It didn't make me feel any better, my throat and stomach were burning like it was on fire. I groaned, sitting on the hood of a car, closing my eyes for a moment.

I felt weak, it was obvious I needed food. I got up, walking up to the river and splashed some water in my face before I got up, leaving the scrapyard to find some food. The horrible taste in my mouth almost cost me to throw over again.
I had a small backpack, hiding in my hideout with some things I had... stolen. That also included a toothbrush, hairbrush, some clothes, I had stolen, or found at the junkyard. I also had mascara and eyeliner, also stolen from a local shop. I am never caught luckily.

I went into town, seeing a bakery, the smell made my stomach rumble. I walked up the window, seeing all the bread laying in front of me. I couldn't steal, it was too busy right now. "Hungry?"
I jumped before I turned around, looking with big eyes at Sunstreaker. "S-sunny... what are you doing here?" I asked startled. "Surprised? I am on a patrol," he said. "Ah... right," I mumbled. "You look like shit," he noticed, crossing his arms. I stared at him, he was looking so damn fine, Sunny wore black ripped skinny jeans, showing his nice shaped thighs, with a yellow skin-tight shirt above it, showing off his eight back. His biceps are perfectly visible with a short-sleeved shirt. His 8-inch long kitchen knife in the holster around his thigh was shinning. He always carried his gun and knife with him like someone could attack him at any moment and of course his leather jacket.

"Thanks, Sunstreaker... really helps," I sulked. "Why don't you go inside and buy something?" he asked, I didn't like the challenging tune in his voice. "I am not hungry," I grunted. Sunstreaker reached out for his pocket and handed me some money. "You don't have to give me money..." I said. "Just take it and do yourself a favor," he said. I flashed him a tired smile "Hurry up... I need to talk to you," he said. With heavy feet, I walked inside, buying some food for myself. "Come," Sunstreaker gestured me with his head to follow him.

"So what's on your mind?" he asked. I shrugged my shoulders, eating my food like I hadn't eaten for a year. "Sideswipe told me you were angry with him last day for sleeping with four girls," he said, giving me that strict gaze. "I just don't get it..." I grunted. "You can't disagree with me, Sunny..." I snapped. He raised his brow, I had never snapped at him before, main reason, he didn't tolerate it and could get very angry. I had seen it more than once, surprisingly enough he stayed very calm. Perhaps he gets my frustration or he simply doesn't mind. After all, it's my first time snapping at him.

"I am not saying that I like what he's doing, but I am not going to tell him what to do. He knows my opinion," Sunstreaker said simply. "I just can't stand he's hanging around girls... those sluts with their rich families and think they can get everything they want! Like they can buy everything with money!"
Sunstreaker raised his brow again "You have a rich family as well, you told me that," he remembered me. I couldn't tell him it's a lie, he would leave me for sure. "I know... but I am not like those sluts, Sunstreaker," I grunted. "You're fine, sweetspark, but I am worried about you,"

I never thought I would hear him say that. "I am human... do you feel right?" I asked, meeting his icy blue orbs. "You're not yourself," he said, giving me a weak smile. Again, I shrugged my shoulders "Just-- little bit tired I guess," I whispered. Sunstreaker gave me a worried look and wrapped his arms around my shoulders. "You know you can tell me everything?" he asked. I gave a small nod "Yeah... I know that" I mumbled. "you look famished," he added.
"I started to think... and I want to meet your parents," he said. I gulped, looking up to him. "M-my parents?" I asked. "You never talk about them, only they are busy all the time, but in the meantime, you look famished... I want to meet them, so why don't we go right now?" he asked.

I started to panic but forced myself to stay calm. He would sense it and I didn't want him to know the truth. "They're coming back in about two days... I will talk to them," I said finally. Sunstreaker narrowed his eyes at me. "Why don't you give me their phone number? So I can call them?" he asked. My heartbeat started to increase "Sunny... please, I promise I will talk to them, okay?" I asked, almost desperate. He sighed heavily "You promise?" he asked. I nodded firmly "Okay! Fine, but if they refuse I am going to bring you home and talk to them myself! Clear?"

I nodded frantically "tell me something about your family," he demanded. My only family so far are the Autobots and all the cats at the junkyard. "My family? well... it's a big family. Very big family, but they are all very nice and sweet, we have the habit to hang out together, you know... we all love the open air and watch the stars," I said. Sunstreaker hummed "I guess we are close," I grumbled, looking down. Sunstreaker eyed me for a moment "and obvious the Autobots are my family," I said quietly.

"Remember how we met?" he asked. I started smiling at the memory. It actually happened by accident, Sunstreaker accidentally hit me while driving, little did he know I was actually running from people, I told him I was late for something. I don't know but there had been a click between us, a very strong and unbreakable bond. I was glad he was looking after me, but I also knew he was very strict at times. I sighed, Sunstreaker meant everything for me. "Is sideswipe mad at me?" I asked. "No... only confused, he even feels guilty," Sunstreaker replied.

"You're not yourself lately and I want to know why," Sunstreaker stated. "I feel fine."
Sunstreaker shook his head "You are getting skinnier with the day, and if you think you can hide it from me with clothes then you're wrong, I can weight you when you're sitting on my hood or in my seat, I can see it, and you're getting tired," he said.

"I am fine, Sunstreaker... really,"
"I want to talk to your parents! Fix it!" He snapped. I sighed, nodding in submission. "And if they refuse, I'll find them myself!" He snarled. I flinched a little "Alright... I get it," I muttered. He sighed wrapping his arm around my shoulders and pulled me against his chest, kissing my head.

"I have to finish my patrol... are you coming to the base or not?" He asked. I shook my head "I have... things to do, so I see you later, alright?"
Sunstreaker hesitated, but gave a brief nod. "Alright..." he muttered. "Make sure you eat!" He warned me. "Yeah... I will," I sighed, walking away.