Chapter 8: Flat Mate

I woke up in my bed, Kuza lying next to me, intertwining his toes with mine.

"Morning." I whispered into his ear. His mouth curled up into a smile although his eyes were still shut.

He suddenly opened them and sat up, looking directly into my eyes.

"He's done." He finally spoke.

"Already?" I questioned, standing up and picking up my clothes from off the floor. I started getting changed for work, as I noticed, in the mirror, my eyes were back to their natural blue.

"Are you working your shift with me again?" I questioned him.

He nodded. "You're supposed to be training me, so yer." I smiled as he stood up out of bed, wearing only his boxers. His Deathbat stood out so perfectly. I walked over to him, lay my head on his shoulder and started tracing it with my finger. He tilted my head up and kissed my nose before a very loud bang occurred from the kitchen.

"Oh shit!" I whisper-yelled. "I forgot she was home this weekend! You'll have to go out my window. I'll meet you at the playground around the corner." I said as I kissed him on the lips and pulled off the fly screen, letting him jump out before putting it back on.

I walked quickly out to the kitchen where I found my flatmate sweeping up broken glass.

"I dropped your Big Bang Theory mug." She said awkwardly. I was a little upset but shrugged it off. I was late for work and in a hurry.

"It's alright. You can just buy me a new one." I grabbed my handbag from the counter, slid in my wallet, a pack of smokes and lighter, house keys, and an eyebrow and an eyeliner pencil.

"Late. Sorry. Catch you later." I said as I slammed the front door behind me.

When I got down to the playground, I spotted Kuza sitting on a wooden picnic table behind the play equipment, watching some kids play on the swings.

"Creep." I said as I walked up to him.

"Get in the car. We're late." He replied as he stood up and slid his hand in my back pocket.