CHAPTER 5 (THE ENTRY)

All of the guests started to get breakfast in the lobby. Matthew was standing right in front of the main door gazing at it. “What the hell is he doing this time?” Shelby asked Turner as he walked past. Shelby and Derrick were standing near each other watching Matthew carefully. “You think he is drunk again?”

    “Could be….” Turner responded as he walked away.

    “I don’t like how he is looking at the door,” Derrick said in a dark voice. “Can we sacrifice him now?”

    “I wish,” Shelby laughed, “oh well let's eat now!”

    Matthew’s eye sight shifted to the newly filled drink in his hand, then back to the door. He threw his favorite drink at the barricade hoping for it to come crashing down. With a loud boom a chair fell off. Everyone jumped up and looked to the door and directly at Matthew. “I was only testing it,” Matthew smiled innocently.

    The thousands of creatures outside shuffled to the door. The door banged repeatedly. “Everyone to your rooms NOW!” Shelby yelled loudly, her powerful voice booming around the room.

    While people were rushing to their rooms locking and blocking the doors, Matthew got up. He started tearing the barricade down wanting to take his life. When Shelby pulled him back not letting him go. Shelby’s family had weapons by now. They were getting ready to fight them off.

Shelby threw Matthew to the ground. Aubrey tossed her a sword. They stood spread out as others joined with their weapons. Just as the doors swong open, everyone was ready. The creatures ran at them all.

The gunshots, the hitting of meta. The fear and strength in everyone's eyes. The killing went on for almost 5 hours. When the group of Zombies got too big that the living started losing more and more, friends and family members alike.

Next thing anyone knew was Damon yelling at everyone to run past to the large mansion behind the herd and lock the doors. The living run and fight. Once everyone was in they slammed the door shut, locked it, and baricated it. Kameron counted everyone who made it. “Shelby there are only 14 people who made it to safety out of the hundreds of guests….!” Kameron cried.

”W-what… no… t-that can’t be….” Shelby stammered out into words before bursting into tears. “Who… who made it…?”

“You, Me, Kameron, Maddy, Turner, Aubrey, Derick, and Matthew.” Olivia said while rolling her eyes on Matthew’s name, the name felt bitter on her lips.

“Along with your mother, father, Tristin, Jordan, and Stefin,” Maddy chimed in.

“WHAT ABOUT DAMAN?!” Shelby cried, her voice carrying panic, not wanting to hear what she thought.

“I am sorry my child, we have no idea about him….” Anna whispered in the silence that seemed to occupy the whole room.

Shelby bursted into tears. All the pain of those they lost overwhelmed her, Olivia walked over and hugged her tightly, refusing to let go when Shelby tried to get to the door. Everyone else went to find rooms to rest. Shelby was escorted to one of the master bed rooms. They had one person watching her at all times.

Shelby eventually cried herself to sleep. When she woke up there was a large breakfast set up, from everyone else in the large dining room. They all eat then started to plan. They planed how they could get out of this. This problem that Matthew started.